Brewer Fanatic

Morgan has broken finger, out 2-4 weeks; Latest -- Brandon Boggs returns

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good thing we bunt so much! Hooray small ball! Right or wrong I'm blaming this on Roenicke.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I'm wondering about the wisdom of the sac bunt there anyway. Nyjer is tough to double up just swing away and play for a hit and potentially look at 1st and 3rd. at worst a guy on 1st with 1 out.

2-4 weeks seems like a very, very quick turnaround. Throw in the fact that he just came off teh DL and that's basically 4-6 weeks or longer without really playing baseball. It's like 4-6 weeks minimum for him to return, if not longer.

Good thing we play small ball all the time, if only it actually worked once in awhile.

2-4 weeks seems like a very, very quick turnaround. Throw in the fact that he just came off teh DL and that's basically 4-6 weeks or longer without really playing baseball. It's like 4-6 weeks minimum for him to return, if not longer.

Good thing we play small ball all the time, if only it actually worked once in awhile.

100% agree. 2 weeks, no way. The bone alone won't heal in that amount of time. Then factor in physical therapy and a rehab stint and I'm agreeing with your 4-6 weeks, leaning more towards 6.

At least we'll get to hear another month of Rock talking about the new approach of Gomez and for the 100,000th time about the aggressive attitude under Running Ron as Gomez repeatedly gets thrown out on the basepaths.

Wow ... so if Boggs doesn't accept his assignment, who is our new backup CF?

Can Boggs even play CF decently?

For as brutal of a hitter as Gomez is, he's the only plus defender left on the roster. I'd assume that he'll have to play everyday that Morgan is out unless Boggs has CF abilities that i've never heard about.

Verified Member
I'm wondering about the wisdom of the sac bunt there anyway.

Well, for some reason the team, despite having a GM who seems to only value power hitters, chose to hire a bunt-happy manager so it shouldn't be a surprise.

I too am blaming this on Roenicke.

So we are somehow blaming the manager for bunting with his #2 hitter in a tie game with Braun & Fielder up next? Thats practically the ideal scenario to lay down a bunt, especially since Morgan can't hit lefties worth a lick.

Wow ... so if Boggs doesn't accept his assignment, who is our new backup CF?
why not boggs? if he declines the minor league assignment, he becomes a free agent. is there anything that prevents him from signing with the brewers?

boggs has to be aware of the situation the brewers are facing. mat gamel's not ready to play right field on a regular basis. logan schafer isn't healthy. there are no other outfielders on the 40-man roster. he's a switch hitter that impressed the club in spring training.

essentially, the brewers want to treat brandon boggs like a player they can option back and forth. boggs can let them do that . . . and given the frequency of brewers injuries this year, he'd be smart to do so.

It's hilarious to me that people are blaming RR for Nyjer getting hit in the hand while bunting. If he used correct bunting technique and blocked his fingers with his bat, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Believe me, I can list at least 5 faults of RR thus far in his first month as manager, but this clearly is not one of them.

Archived