Brewer Fanatic

Memo to Corey Hart - please start hitting!

Dear Mr. Hart,

We here at BF.net have patiently waited for your injured oblique to heal and for you to return to Milwaukee, displace scrubs like Kotsay and Almonte from the lineup and fill one of several black holes in the Brewers' everyday lineup. You are one of the few regulars on this roster who isn't a huge defensive liability, and you've proven to be an adequate hitter for an outfielder. We realize that it's only been about a week since you've been back and are well aware of small sample overreaction, but if you could, please start hitting the baseball!

Much appreciated,

Posters of BF.net that are currently being led to the edge during this wildly inconsistent start of a season.

I understand the frustration with Hart. He's proven to be an extremely slow healer twice now. Combine his missing spring training with his history of inconsistency and there's natural concern. But I agree with Invader3K. His AB's haven't been all that bad. He's hit some balls hard and he's only had a minimal amount of AB's against pitchers that have made the rest of the lineup look bad too.

If he finds that power stroke he had at times last year, this team is going to take off and win a ton of games.

He's not going to keep hitting .185. Looking at him, I don't think his ABs have been that bad. I think he'll come around and be just fine.

I don't think so either. Wasn't he the one that hit the ball half way up that stupid hill in Houston too? His numbers would look quite a bit better with a homerun added in.

With Morgan out, he's clearly the best option to hit in the 2 slot. I expect him to get it going soon.

I am the biggest Hart hater (and biggest Weeks supporter) on this site but I will give him time. It is far too small a sample. I'll be patient for once. I'll save the Bill Hall comparisons for now. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I am the biggest Hart hater (and biggest Weeks supporter) on this site but I will give him time. It is far too small a sample. I'll be patient for once.

This post needs to be saved forever. I can't believe what I just read!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I am the biggest Hart hater (and biggest Weeks supporter) on this site but I will give him time. It is far too small a sample. I'll be patient for once.

This post needs to be saved forever. I can't believe what I just read!

I actually think Brewers will get through this. Call me crazy but I still see a good team. One week does not a season make.

I think we could probably send this memo to everybody on the roster right now.
Yeah, I was going to say, slap a cc: on this. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It will be hard for Hart to start hitting with Kotsay playing in RF. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

He hasn't tweaked anything, has he?

I agree, but Hart is hitting .167 and hasn't drawn a walk in 30 AB's. The day off occasionally doesn't surprise me.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Kotsay is playing better than Hart right now. .267/.362/.300 line for Kotsay vs a .167 flat line for Hart.

I have to say that I don't care who is getting better results. With 30 PA the results are not going to necessarily show who is playing better. Hart is the better player. Play him.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'm concerned that Hart is not completely healthy and that may be the real reason why Kotsay is starting 2 days in a row
It's hard to tell with Roenicke and his major man crush on Kotsay, but that would explain Hart not PH yesterday and sitting 2 days in a row. It would be nice if he came out and said something. He did this with Morgan for a few days too.

It's hard to tell with Roenicke and his major man crush on Kotsay, but that would explain Hart not PH yesterday and sitting 2 days in a row. It would be nice if he came out and said something. He did this with Morgan for a few days too.

Corey made that diving catch in RF a few days ago, and was wincing a bit as he got up. I was worried at the time, but hadn't thought about it again until now. I know myself well enough to know that I tend to prepare myself for the worst when it comes to player injuries/health, so I have to talk myself down most times.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 2 weeks later...

took awhile, but Corey got the memo!

hopefully this corresponds with Morgan getting off the DL soon, and then Gomez and Kotsay being used in the roles they are better suited for. Kotsay can be a lefthanded ph option and occasional backup OF, and Gomez can play in a quasi platoon with Morgan and be a defensive replacement/pinch runner option on games he doesn't start.

Hart turned a corner in his career last season. Up until then, he often times slipped into the mode more of a slap hitter than a power guy. But last year, his stroke became consistently a power one. It was natural that he would struggle some out of the gate this year rediscovering that stroke and when he was hurt in spring it set him back.

But you could see it coming in recent weeks and last night we saw the results. He could really take off from here and if he does, look out NL Central.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
But you could see it coming in recent weeks and last night we saw the results. He could really take off from here and if he does, look out NL Central.

I don't think it's possible to overstate how much it could help this offense to get another big power bat in there everyday. Kotsay got on base at an ok clip, he wasn't 'killing' the offense, but Hart's obviously got the potential to create a lot more runs that I'd expect Kotsay to from here on out. With McGehee not really hitting the longball (though he is cracking a lot of doubles), getting Hart's bat not only back, but fully functional, should get this offense rolling along more like last year's version.

Archived