Brewer Fanatic

Boggs outrighted to Nashville; Greinke activated

Am I the only one who hopes Boggs declines the assignment and becomes a free agent? I'm tired of the "keep the crappy player, send down the one we can control" decisions, and if all the players sent down keep getting claimed/opt for free agency, maybe the Brewers will finally decide to just put the best players on the field and cut the roster fat.

Am I the only one who hopes Boggs declines the assignment and becomes a free agent?

I don't hope that, but when I saw that assignment during the broadcast last night, I thought to myself that if I were Boggs, I'd probably look to go elsewhere. I mean, when an organization has you behind Mark Kotsay & Erick Almonte, not only do you not have a great shot at playing time, but you'd have to question the overall judgment of the organization.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Am I the only one who hopes Boggs declines the assignment and becomes a free agent?

I don't hope that, but when I saw that assignment during the broadcast last night, I thought to myself that if I were Boggs, I'd probably look to go elsewhere. I mean, when an organization has you behind Mark Kotsay & Erick Almonte, not only do you not have a great shot at playing time, but you'd have to question the overall judgment of the organization.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. It definitely pisses me off that we have him behind Kotsay and Almonte. He should've been on the opening day roster to begin with. But now, he's probably not going anywhere. For him, it looks like a 5th OF spot at best, and only if someone gets hurt.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

you can say what you want about boggs over dickerson, but dickerson had a minor league option remaining. we could've shuffled him back and forth all we wanted this year.

instead, now we risk losing brandon boggs to another organization every time he's sent to the minors.

I don't understand the organizational thinking that has Kotsay over Boggs, but honestly neither of them are anything special, and Kotsay at least in this very small sample has gotten on base much better than expected despite having almost zero power

Archived