Brewer Fanatic

Benoit Dead, RIP wife & child-Latest:Doctor Charged

JimH5

Dude was giving his 7 year old kid HGH? Man.

I tend to agree with the WWE's statement that this doesn't indicate "rage", but deliberation. Considering the way the wife was bound and tied, etc., this is pretty pre-meditated stuff. Considering she had filed for divorce and sole custody in the past, maybe she was about to do it again.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't claim to know a lot about roid rage but I think it's way too soon and convenient to be of the opinion that this is what caused this - and that goes for the cops too.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Yeah, plenty of people not on steroids do crap like this. Just because steroids were there doesn't mean they were involved in the least.

And wwe.com now has Benoit's text messages to WWE staff from like 3 am Sunday morning on their article, along with a timeline of events that the WWE staff were aware of.

I am pretty sure Vince McMahon needs to rot in hell.

I'll buy that. It really seems like he will do anything it takes for the WWE to be successful. I really don't think he cares at all what happens to his wrestlers once he's done with them and has no use for them anymore. He treats human beings like disposable resources. He knows all the longterm problems that can come with some of the demands his business puts on people, but seems uninterested in doing anything other than downplaying the problem.

I don't know about the whole roid rage theory. That his wife was bound at the ankles and wrists makes it seem much more premeditated.

But I don't want to dismiss steroids at all, as they have been linked to depression, brain damage, mania (coincidentally odd word) and other mental illness problems.

As well, concussions have been linked to those kind of mental health problems. I would guess Benoit would have been concussed a few times in his career.

Its a horrific situation, and I suspect it will permanently affect how (or if) I watch wrestling in the future. I couldn't really get into tonight's show, as at one point, Tazz commented that one guy was trying to choke out another. Maybe it was a slip, but it still made me shudder.

Chris Benoit needs to burn in hell. Sorry for my language but, there is not excuse for what he did. To kill your 7 year old son and wife is terrible. I am the biggest fan of wrestling and WAS a Benoit fan. I just want this all to be a dream and none of this happen.
One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

The title of the thread even disturbs me as I don't want Benoit to RIP. I can't believe you can do that to anyone.

Well, If you use the comma correctly, it says Benoit dead, and wife and child RIP. So, basically RIP wife and child, not Benoit himself.

But I don't want to dismiss steroids at all, as they have been linked to depression, brain damage, mania (coincidentally odd word) and other mental illness problems.

Exactly -- as well as concussions. ESPN awhile did a very good piece on Mike Webster. It was really sad to see how his mind broke down and could not function as a part of our society.

Maybe Benoit was a very bad man, maybe his brain was so fried he could no longer work with reason and rationale like society would expect him to.

Yes, steroids are bad, however before pinning blame on the WWE, please realize that this has happened plenty of times before without involving steroids, such as with Andrea Yates.

Regardless, it is just a horrible, horrible thing. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Benoit's wife and child.

This whole thing is strange, sickening and wrong, but to me, the worst thing is, how in the world can you give you growing, developing 7 year old son HGH? What does that do to the psyche of the child? You're not good enough for who you are or what you physically look like that we will give you HGH? Unbelievable. I used to watch wrestling when I was a kid, but realized quickly that I liked baseball, basketball and football better. I would never watch "professional" wrestling ever again.

Well, the article that is linked in this thread said they administered it to him because they felt he was too small (at least that's what it said when I posted about it).

I see that further information has come out about the son's condition, which makes the HGH much more understandable, since it does have several benefits as you mentioned, aracko.

EDIT: The steroids thing coming up in every article is getting pretty sickening. Right now, it's Benoit::steroids like it was Columbine::music. The media is trying to boil it down and oversimplify it, like everything has a cut and dried cause and effect. Sometimes it just doesn't.

The WWE Wellness Program has a loophole in it, so even if he did test negative, doesn't mean he wasn't on steroids. So for anyone that thinks just cuz he tested negative doesn't mean he wasn't on them.

Also Wednesday, Benoit's personal physician said the wrestler did not give any indication he was troubled when he met with the doctor hours before the start of the weekend.

I still think he's a POS. And forever will now. I still enjoy watching wrestling, but a part of me will always be missing because of this. The passion I had for it, and the love I had for it all has been hurt. I hope Chris Benoit burns in hell and thats all I got left to say about this subject.

One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

His son had Fragile X, and not autism. Fragile X is hereditary while autism is pretty unexplained, other than that it's known there's a genetic component.

Because it's fragile X and not autism, that makes it more plausible that he had physical abnormalities that could be treated with HGH.

One of the links said that his son was so small that he was almost "dwarfish". Can't remember which one of the links it was. Benoit himself was pretty short - what, maybe 5'5"? 5'9" in wrestling boots with heels?

The steroids thing coming up in every article is getting pretty sickening. Right now, it's Benoit::steroids like it was Columbine::music. The media is trying to boil it down and oversimplify it, like everything has a cut and dried cause and effect. Sometimes it just doesn't.

I agree with you brett. I mean it could have something to do with roids, but the media is making it out to be the only cause and only reason. Which is probably ony half right.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Yeah, I was listening to Fox News on XM the other day, after the press conference about this case, and they were going on about how he was probably hopped up on steroids, as well as alcohol (because he apparently had a DUI incident four years ago) when he killed them. Talk about drawing conclusions...

The media is all about speculation and hype, that's it. It's ridiculous. They just will not get off the supposed "roid rage" aspect of this case, and they don't really have anything to back it up.

As far as Chris Benoit...one last thing I'll say. I don't think anyone really has a right to pass judgement, because all the facts aren't out yet. I don't know, maybe I'm being naive, but based on everything I've read and heard from the man, I don't think he was just some cold blooded killer. I really think he may have been temporarily insane when he did this. I'm not saying that excuses it, but the human mind is more complex than some would say. Anyway, I know it's not my place to condemn him to hell. Leave that for someone else with that authority.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote:
I agree with you brett. I mean it could have something to do with roids, but the media is making it out to be the only cause and only reason. Which is probably ony half right.
I guess there are worse things for the media to blow out of proportion. Hopefully this tragedy causes young athletes to think twice about using performance enhancing drugs

Archived