Brewer Fanatic

Benoit Dead, RIP wife & child-Latest:Doctor Charged

JimH5

Oh, for sure. I'm not saying that I think that's what happened, I'm just saying that it is possible. I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

I imagine they're going to shelve the whole McMahon/assassination gimmick, too?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't followed wrestling in 10 years, but I know who Benoit is and I'm just as curious as anybody as to what happened.

It's just way too weird that he missed a PPV for personal reasons and the next thing you know his family is dead.

It's just sad.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

From the Yahoo article...

Quote:
The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

Celebrity, athlete, whoever...makes you wonder.

Right now, it's still speculation, but it looks about 99% likely right now that this was a very, very ugly murder/suicide story, with Benoit as the responsible party. From what I've heard about Benoit, he must have had some major, major mental issues going on that nobody knew about to end up taking his own child's life. Just an awful, awful story, especially if the story turns out to be as believed. USA network and the WWE wouldn't look too good to have dedicated 3 hours tonight to his career highlights, either.

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the living room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, according to an unnamed source in the department.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

If that's the case, anyone who kills their own child is just plain sick.

I don't care what the reason is, you do it, you're a loser.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Not to sound insensitive, but I agree with Burnie Brewer.

I have sympathy for anyone with mental health issues, etc. But I just cannot find any sympathy for anyone who could kill one of their own children. Or any child for that matter.

That is absolute for me.

What's even more chilling is that he just let them sit there for a day or two before he came back and took care of himself.

USA network and WWE should have waited for some details before "honoring" this man with their show tonight.

I don't follow wrestling at all but it seems kind of ironic that that abcnews link shows a picture of Benoit wrestling another dead guy.

This is a shame all around. No excuse for killing your family, but it's too bad someone didn't notice that this guy was in such bad shape before this happened.

The turn this whole story has taken is sadder than the story itself.

I guess it really hit me once I thought about how when I was a younger kid I used to watch Benoit and I had all kinds of wrestling posters on my wall. I started thinking about all of the kids now who watch wrestling, and how are their parents supposed to explain to them that someone the child may have looked up to not only died, but that they were the one responsible for the death, and those of their wife and child. Harsh reality, man. I keep holding out some hope there is some weird thing we don't know, but the more that comes out this just sounds like a sad, sad situation.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I like Benoit the wrestler, but Chris Benoit the person makes me sick. 2 innocent people dead, among them a 7-year old boy. His own son, allegedly murdered by his own hands.

He may have been mentally ill at the time, but that doesn't bring his family back. RIP Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

I agree I have no tolerance for a man that would take his own childs life or wife's for that matter. I cant believe Benoit would do this. Always seemed like a good guy, something must have really gone wrong inside his head. Its sick and Im shocked this has happend.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Remember, this is still just speculation at this point. They haven't even done an autopsy at this point.

I am assuming, though, that there must have been some evidence that investigators have not revealed yet (I thought I read somewhere about some strange text messages sent Sunday or something) if they would tell the media that they believe this is a murder-suicide.

Benoit is probably the last guy I would expect something like this from. By far one of my favorite wrestlers from the old WCW. He appeared to be a genuinely nice guy. And now, allegedly, he's committed the most disgusting crime imaginable.

I feel the same way, its almost like its not real. I just can't see Benoit doing something this bad. But I guess anything is possible in this sick messed up world.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

(I thought I read somewhere about some strange text messages sent Sunday or something)

PWtorch found Benoit sent strange text messages to his people in WWE throughout this past weekend. They were like, goodbye and farewell type of messages.

I too am utterly shocked Benoit would do something like this. While talking about this with my friend last night we thought it was probably good that Kevin Sullivan was not nearby or he might be dead too.

Benoit is one of only a few wrestlers to hold both the WWE and WCW titles. He wasn't great on the mike but he was one of the best workers ever. His Owen Hart tribute match with Brett Hart and his Brian Pillman Memorial match with Regal were great. Same with his matches with Angle, Booker T, Rock, Raven, the late Eddie Guerrero and quite a few more.

This is a shame all around. No excuse for killing your family, but it's too bad someone didn't notice that this guy was in such bad shape before this happened.

I heard about this last night and the first thing that popped into my head was NFL players like Mike Webster, Terry Long and Andre Waters.

Andre Waters shot himself recently

Terry Long killed himself drinking something like pipe-cleaner

and Mike Webster's struggles are well documented.

I am sure there are more FB players and wrestlers that I am not thinking of that could be added to this list.

It doesn't need to be posted that killing your wife and child are deplorable. However it is important not to villify Benoit, without first knowing exactly what happened, and then why it happened. It seems to me that recently there are a lot of athletes that suffer head injuries or use performance enhancers that are dying in very tragic ways. To ignore the "why" of this situation is a guarentee that it will become more commonplace.

I am pretty sure Vince McMahon needs to rot in hell.

Archived