Brewer Fanatic

Benoit Dead, RIP wife & child-Latest:Doctor Charged

JimH5

WWE.com is reporting that Chris Benoit has died--along with his family.

Ugh.

I just don't know how much longer I can watch this stuff, as these performers are going too soon.

We'll see what the cause of death was, but another horrible tragedy.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Along with his entire family?

Boy, the details of this one could be disturbing unless it's carbon monoxide or something like that.

I haven't followed wrestling closely for years, but Benoit always seemed like a good guy. Hopefully this is some sort of very strange storyline.

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer has confirmed it. I've never felt sick to my stomach over anything in wrestling until now. This is sad.

For those who do not know, Benoit missed last night's PPV due to family reasons. It was last minute, and he flew home. It was initially thought he was flying to Calgary for the death of his friend Biff Wellington.

I have a bad feeling on what may have occurred, but it's improper to speculate.

The news has yet to report on this so hopefully he is fine. I certainly wouldn't put it past the WWE to make this up.

If this is true it is sad. He was one of my favorites back when I watched wrestling.

When I saw this today I was really shocked. As TracyThom said, I know he had to miss last night's PPV where he was supposed to wrestle for the ECW title, but this was the last thing I was expecting to see today.

I am on the same wavelength with Peavey though, whenever the details of this come out it could be pretty bad. Something just seems weird.

My condolences definitely go out to his extended family and especially the guys he is on the road with 250+ days a year.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

No details yet, but here is what Pro Wrestling Observer is reporting.

"The WWE just told its talent and released on its web site that Chris Benoit was found dead by Atlanta police.

Benoit, wife Nancy aka Woman and son Daniel were all found dead. We have no other details at this moment. It is believed that Chris Benoit's two other children were in Canada.

All plans for Raw tonight have been scrapped and they will do a show on the life of Benoit."

I haven't followed wrestling since 6th grade, but I read a news article about that McMahon storyline where his limo blew up with him in it or whatever, and now that something like this happened that puts the WWE in an even worse light that it has been before.

Maybe that's a reason I stopped watching back then, way too ridiculous.

A few more details,

Pro wrestler, family found dead in Fayetteville home

By Saeed Ahmed, Kathy Jefcoats

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution

Published on: 06/25/07

A professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.

Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy and their 7-year-old son were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

Benoit, 30, was a Canadian wrestler who most recently fought as part of the World Wrestling Entertainment.

The organization said on its Web site said that Monday night's broadcast of "Raw" on the USA Network will "serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family."

www.ajc.com/news/content/...enoit.html

Maybe that's a reason I stopped watching back then, way too ridiculous.

Well, if this is true (as it appears to be), I'm not sure how it puts the WWE in a worse light.

Didn't Benoit's wife have some issues in the past with previous husbands and such? I just remember some odd stuff, but how much of that was real vs storyline from 15 years ago.

From what is being reported, I'm afraid this is going to end up very Phil Hartman-ish in the details.

I saw this by accident as I have not watched wrestling much the last 3-6 months, but I check a couple wrestling web sites occasionally. I checked one and the server was busy which for that site means big news. Unfortunately it was this. Everything I have heard about him was that he was a great guy. He was courteous to fans, helpful to younger wrestlers and a good family man. This is horrible news and I am totally shocked.

This reminds me of watching the pay per view when Owen Hart died. Just in the sense of the shock. This is very tragic. My prayers go out to the rest of his family.

It's very possible for a gas leak to have started over night while everyone in the house was sleeping.

That would seem like an awful big coincidence to happen the same night Benoit misses the pay per view for "personal reasons."

Archived