Brewer Fanatic

Felipe Lopez DFA

Raw Biz

With our lack of IF depth, he would definitely be someone to look at, but I'd be surprised if he isn't a Cardinal by the end of the week.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

As much as I want to say yeah, look at how many teams the guy has played for the past 5 years - he's been traded mid-season 4 of the past 5 years............ makes me think there is more than the public knows about his attitude problems. Not to mention, he's also been pretty poor over hist last 500 PA's and no way would I want him playing SS.

I also wouldn't mind seeing him replace Almonte. If Weeks, YuBet, or Casey go down I am not 100% comfortable trotting out what we have on a week in week out basis. Lopez gives me a little bit more ease of mind. I say dump Almonte and add Lopez.

I'd love to add him. He behaved and played well in Milwaukee, and he's friends with at least Weeks. Throw in that he'd have a pretty clear role (backup), that it'd make lots of sense.

For an added bonus, Lopez is a switch hitter with near identical career stats batting from either side.

That said, he'd rarely play besides pinch hitting unless there were injury issues. I'd want to know first and be confident that Lopez would be 100 percent accepting of a very limited role like this and if he's not playing hard as was reported in the link, he would give his world that this would come to an immediate end.

For an added bonus, Lopez is a switch hitter with near identical career stats batting from either side.
Exactly. Lopez is the picture of versatility. Why would they keep Almonte around as a back-up OF just because he can 'play the infield' in an emergency. I'd much rather get Lopez who can play the three tough infield positions and could 'play the outfield' as well in an emergency.

I don't remember any issues regarding hustle or anything else during Felipe's last stint here. Frankly, he was one of the few bright spots on the team during that collapse. Let's see if Rickie can put a call into him and get him in the fold.

Makes too much sense to happen, for whatever reason Melvin doesn't seem interested. Too bad, I'm tired of Almonte being kept around due to the 'he can play the infield' excuse.

How do you know Melvin isn't interested?

Makes too much sense to happen, for whatever reason Melvin doesn't seem interested. Too bad, I'm tired of Almonte being kept around due to the 'he can play the infield' excuse.

How do you know Melvin isn't interested?

He made no effort to re-sign Lopez last year and made no effort to sign him this off-season even though he could have been had for a song and a NRI. Lopez didn't sign with Tampa until very late in the game.

Archived