Brewer Fanatic

Pre-Draft Minor League Transactions

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I'm looking forward to seeing Rivera. Only trouble is that Mother Nature is looking pretty unkind this week in Appleton.
Yeah, same here TLB. It looks like they will be lucky not to have one or two rain-outs this week...garbage spring in Appleton so far!
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Pretty excited about Rivera, hopefully he can handle the pitching and stick..... we could really use a SS to turn it on and become a true prospect. Only if Prince would get on base a lot more....

I've heard that Rivera can become a plus defender at SS, but his only problem is hitting. I believe he's gonna improve, considering that he's only 19. The Brewers need plus defense on the infield and Rivera can provide one if he can hit

The Brewers need plus defense in the infield now, not in 3 - 4 years when Rivera would be knocking on the door (if things go smoothly.) Aside from super prospects that will cruise through the system quickly niche skills like defensive, speed, etc... don't excite me until they're in AAA and could plug one of the holes that is the final piece in putting together a high quality MLB team.

I hope Rivera performs at the plate and becomes somebody in that kind of position quickly but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Wily Peralta's Fine (DL stint for dental work)

Good! At first I thought Peralta got fined for going to the dentist (fine being a noun in that case). Isn't the English language fun? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I've heard that Rivera can become a plus defender at SS, but his only problem is hitting

Welcome Escobar 2.0!

From want I heard his bat has a bunch of potential and unlike Escobar a body that will fill out. But every time his bat potential is mentioned, you will see extremely raw right after. Let's hope! Really hope Andres Martinez makes the trip to AZ this season as well.

McCalvy:

Periard will not turn 24 until June but already has a long medical history. He was limited to 12 games in 2009 because of shoulder stiffness, then pitched in only 15 games last season while dealing with vertigo.

He was struggling to get through innings at extended spring camp, Brewers farm director Reid Nichols said.

"His velocity and command did not come back," Nichols wrote in an e-mail. "Arm health was fine, [he] just lost the ability to compete."

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Huntsville Media Relations:

Pitcher Wily Peralta has been activated from the disabled list. Peralta was placed on the DL back on May 5. In six games with the Stars, Peralta has gone 2-2 with a 4.02 ERA. His last outing was on May 4 against Jacksonville. He went 3.0 innings, giving up five runs (four earned) on four hits. He walked four and struck out five.

In a related move, pitcher Jameson Dunn has been transferred to the Helena Brewers roster. In three games with the Stars, Dunn had a 3.00 ERA (3 IP / 2 ER). He recorded his first professional win on May 11 against Tennessee when he threw one scoreless inning.

With these moves, the Stars active roster remains at 24, the Southern League limit.

Making his pro debut at age 24 with Huntsville (undrafted free agent signing this past January out of Oral Roberts), Dunn would not seem to profile best as a stalwart on the Helena staff this June. He'll probably be the first plug in at Huntsville, Brevard, or Wisconsin as situations warrant.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

SS Josh Prince has landed on the disabled list at Brevard County, retroactive to 5/13. Prince played a full game on Thursday the 12th, so there is no indication of an issue on a specific play. So no word on the nature or severity of any injury. Prince is hitting .283 in 92 AB's, but only three of his 26 hits have gone for extra bases and he's only walked three times thus far (.305 OBP).

Taking Prince's spot on the roster is infielder Juan Sanchez, who was on the Helena (extended spring training) roster. Sanchez is 1-for-13 in reserve stints with Huntsville and Nashville this season.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

I did admit to letting my mind wander this morning while wondering how the Sounds might backfill Tim Dillard's spot.

And I'll be honest, I did consider this possibility --

RHP Mark Rogers has been activated from the DL.

Rogers' stint was only 12 days. Great news to think they have a handle on his bilateral carpal tunnel issue (gripping the baseball). Have to think they'll ease him back into action.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

While I don't plan on immediately being as proficient early on as my fellow Brewerfan staff tweeters Eric (SessileFielder) and Toby (BrewerfanToby), I hope to at minimum tweet all minor league transaction news (Mass_Haas). Of course, you'll see it here as well.

Be sure to follow all three of us. The Mark Rogers activation kicked off my tweetdom.

Archived