Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder: Double Standard?

Take Boras out of the equation, and people's perception would change. Frankly, I think that if all things were equal, and both signed long term deals, Prince would be more popular than Braun. At least that's the feeling I get from family, friends and other fans. A lot of people are turned off by Braun because 'he's cocky'.

Take Boras out of the equation, and people's perception would change. Frankly, I think that if all things were equal, and both signed long term deals, Prince would be more popular than Braun. At least that's the feeling I get from family, friends and other fans. A lot of people are turned off by Braun because 'he's cocky'.
I think people turned off by Braun being cocky are just looking for something to nit pick about. I personally don't find him overly cocky at all, at least not in comparison to other superstars. I think a lot of that comes from a generation of fans who think anyone who doesn't look at the ground and say aww shucks a lot is too cocky. Then again I have a much higher tolerance and even enjoy players who show emotion and seem to be having a fun time playing a game, I hate it when people whine about a player not looking ashamed he hit a home run or daring to pump his fist after a big hit.

I'm not disagreeing that Fielder could be even more popular but I think it would be more to do with 1. He is a HR hitter and people love the long ball 2. He is a large man and WI loves their large athletes - - think Gilbert Brown (decent player for a short while but people loved him) Ron Dayne - - people loved to talk about how big he was, B.J.Raji-- the dance in Chicago has made him very popular.

Archived