Brewer Fanatic

2 million tickets sold

ilovebeer

Hey guys,

I joined here right before the season, and had a big elaborate opening post, but it took a couple of days for my account to get approved, and didn't want to come back after the first series and look like a jerk. Just wanted to drop in and say hello, and hope to discuss some quality baseball here throughout the summer. I come in peace from RedsZone.

I was going to start a thread on here to discuss attendance. Absolutely stunning that you guys draw numbers in the high 30's for Monday/Tuesday night games, and a Wednesday matinee. I'm quite envious. Milwaukee and Cincinnati are two pretty comparable markets, and its pretty amazing to me how many butts you put in the seats. Your ownership group should be commended.

(I'm sure having the defending NL Central Champs in town helped attendance.... :-)..... I kid, I kid).

Welcome Sabo. Excellent username. You should fit in well here even though you root for the club destined to finish second in the Central this year.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

2nd fastest in team history behind 2001.

This beats 2010's 2 million date, which is now third fastest.

It's interesting that in Brewers history, 2001 and 2010 have only the fourth and fifth highest attendance totals respectively. This isn't a guarantee of 3 million yet.

Brewers have sold 2 million tickets

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Sabo, welcome to the board. I think you'll find that most people around here thoroughly enjoy the Reds' attitude towards the Cardinals (or at least Brandon Phillips), and aren't too hostile towards Reds fans.

It's awesome to see the Brewers drawing like this. This type of attendance is spectacular for a small market club like the Crew.

Community Moderator

They are actually still behind last year's pace by about 15,000, but the Reds series really closed the gap with 3 nice crowds this week.

Ultimately, the chase for 3,000,000 depends on whether or not they are still in competition in August/September. I think we all expect them to be, but you never know what will happen. It is great that Milwaukee fans support their baseball team and it has a positive feedback in terms of good reviews from players, national media, the free agent/resigning market, etc.

Welcome Sabo. Excellent username. You should fit in well here even though you root for the club destined to finish first in the Central this year.

Well thank you JJ. Although you did happen to have a typo in your post, but don't worry I fixed it for you! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Welcome Sabo. Excellent username. You should fit in well here even though you root for the club destined to finish first in the Central this year.

Well thank you JJ. Although you did happen to have a typo in your post, but don't worry I fixed it for you! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I think you'll find that most people around

here thoroughly enjoy the Reds' attitude towards the Cardinals (or at

least Brandon Phillips), and are becoming more hostile towards Reds fans.

Funketown, I fixed a typo in your post for you. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Welcome Sabo! Although calling you "Sabo" evokes thoughts of Chris Sabo and not sabometrics (IMO anyway).

Well, I'm part of the second fastest team in history... I'll be there May 21st. I don't get there very often, but enjoy it when I do!

Archived