Brewer Fanatic

Jeffrey Maier (Did you know?)

This kid should be banished from baseball as an example to all that making mockery of rules should be the basis for your future success in life.

I admit I am an Orioles fan and like all Orioles fans have a problem with not being able to let this go. I probably need therapy. Still, it was disgusting the way he was made into a hero by the New York media. Most disgusting though, was Rich Garcia on the field signing autographs and making jokes about his terrible call. He should have been fined and suspended for his actions.

Yes, you're right. Still, the kid enjoyed his new found fame, and continues to, apparently. Lots of people would love to work in the industry; no doubt name recognition has given him a competitive edge.

Bartman was tarred, feathered, and run of town. Maier was deified because it helped the Yankees win a playoff game.

I think he has succeeded using name recognition to get his foot in the door of the industry. There are lots of good ballplayers from small private universities.

It's the same way Paris Hilton pried her way into the entertainment industry.

[ I think he has succeeded using name recognition to get his foot in the door of the industry. There are lots of good ballplayers from small private universities. ]

Do you think he should step aside from his ambitions of being in the baseball industry because some people believe he's using it to his advantage?

If anything, his name recognition was a detriment, not a help, from what I have heard of it. Also, these internship positions are very competitive and they are not just going to let some kid get his foot in the door simply because he caught a baseball on national tv.

Archived