Brewer Fanatic

Favorite Wrestling Stables

paul253

It's really late and I can't sleep so I thought I'd ask everyone who their favorite wrestling stables of all time were. My top 5 include

1) Four Horesemen (Flair, Anderson, McMichael, Benoit)

2) DX (HHH, X-Pac, Outlaws)

3) Evolution (HHH, Flair, Batista, Orton)

4) Fortune (AJ Styles, Kazarian, Beer Money)

5) Hart Foundation (Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Jim the Anvil Neidhart, British Bulldog)

Other ones I can think of off the top of my head: NWO, LWO (WCW), Dungeon of Doom (WCW), Main Event Mafia (TNA), Immortal (TNA), Nation of Domination, The Corporation, The Ministry of Darkness, The Radicals (WWF), EV2.0 (TNA)

Right now, I'm big fan of Fortune. They act and were built like the original 4 horsemen (Flair, Arn & Ole, and Blanchard). Now with Christopher Daniels in the group too make it even better. Past favorites are obviously IV Horsemen, DX, the NWO Wolfpac. I like the idea of Nexus and the Corre, but all those guys just plain suck except for Ezekiel Jackson.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

I loved the n.W.o. when they first started. Then it started to go downhill until the Wolfpac formed which I liked. But then it basically turned into almost everyone in WCW being either in the original n.W.o. or the Wolfpac. I was also a 4H fan and DX. Bret Hart is probably my all-time favorite wrestler but I wasn't that big of a Hart Foundation fan. I'd probably rank as follows:

1) n.W.o. (original 96-97)
2) DX
3) Legion of Doom/Road Warriors (if you count them as a stable, I would since they had Paul Ellering)
4) Four Horsemen
5) n.W.o. Wolfpac (98)/Hart Foundation
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Evolution was probably my favorite. You had the legend Ric Flair, the current dominating force HHH, and the young stars Batista and Orton. Tons of talent, and they were fun to watch. I was a fan of the DX with HHH as the leader also. Nexus could've been great if they booked them right, and of course they didn't. No surprise. The last good stable in WWE was Evolution. I wish they'd start a stable similar to that. They really could've gotten it done if they had HHH reveal himself as the leader of the original Nexus. Punk wasn't a bad idea, but it was booked horribly. I think Jericho could come back and lead a stable as well.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Two wrestling threads in one year, I think I am dreaming. My top 5 is very simple for me:

1. n.W.o.

2. DX

3. Evolution

4. Four Horsemen

5. The Corporation

Nexus, Main Event Mafia, and Legacy all had potential of being great stables. All 3 however had bad booking behind them.

One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

The original Four Horsemen- Flair, Blanchard, Ole and Arn Andrerson- managed by James J. Dillon. Back in my wrestling fandom days, I loved watching these guys on Saturday nights on WTBS. The old school Heenan Family was great as well, Nick Bockwinkel and Ray 'the Crippler' Stevens, the Blackjacks, etc.

I would have been a bigger fan of the NWO except for two things. 1) Bischoff made it WAY too big and he ruined a lot of good tag teams (Steiners, Harlem Heat) by having one of the tag team partners join. It never made much sense to me that someone like Stevie Ray would constantly get beaten down by the NWO, loose tag championships because of NWO cheating, and then all of a sudden decide to join. And 2) It went on for too long. A lot of the matches and story lines got frustrating because the same things kept happening. It started out as just a brilliant idea though. Nobody back then could have guessed that Hogan would turn and join. That kind of stuff just didn't happen back then. Then when they went to a six member group with Hogan, Hall, Nash, Luger, Steiner and Bagwell I liked it because it got rid of a lot of the crap that shouldn't have ever been in there to begin with. I also liked the WWE version of the NWO with Shawn Michaels, but it seemed like injuries really derailed that idea. If they could have gotten a group together that included Michaels, Hall, Nash, HHH, Xpac, and The Giant, that may have been the greatest stable, talent wise, ever assembled. Plus they would have had guys like The Rock and Stone Cold challenging them

I agree with Drick about Fortune. They are really growing on me. One thing just bothers me about it though. The group was started by Ric Flair as basically a new Horsemen. They use a new Four finger salute and would be named the "Four Horsemen" if they had the naming rights I'm sure. Why on earth would they make Ric Flair turn his back on them to stay with Immortal? It makes no sense. They are his group.

Also, TNA needs to get it's act together with Immortal. They need to clearly define who the members are. Is Jeff Jarrett still a member? He started off in it but never really appears with them any more? What about Gunner and Murphy? It seems to me like Eric Bischoff has no idea how to develop and maintain a good stable. When he ran WCW, the NWO was way too big and he more or less killed The Four Horsemen, a group that had been around for decades. I hope he doesn't do the same thing with Fortune and Immortal.

A couple of them that are being left out are

The Hart Foundation
The Von Erichs
The Heenan Family
The Corporation
The Ravens nest
The Brood
Legacy
Nexus
Dungeon of doom
bWo

My top five would be
5) Hart Foundation WWE
4) The Heenan Family WWE
3) DX WWE
2) The Four Horsemen WCW
1) nWo WWE

To me the top 4 are in a class of their own. They changed wrestling and how the story lines played out.

The thing with the Flock was that so many of their members were no-names. Other than Raven and Saturn, and to a lesser extent Kidman, nobody else had any following. I remember an episode of Thunder where members of the Flock attacked Nash. Nash pretty much cleaned house but Saturn and Raven just stayed outside staring down the Nash. They should have turned that into a bigger feud between the Flock and the NWO but they never did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfduXebGdD4

In no particular order:

4 Horsemen. My favorite incarnation of the Horsemen was Flair, Double A, Brian Pillman, and the man who murdered his family. Dean Malenko was a nice replacement for Pillman.

NWO. I wished they would have stopped after the addition of Syxx. A stable of Hogan, Nash, Hall, Dibiase, The Giant, and Syxx (and maybe Bagwell) should have dominated WCW for years. Instead they started adding everyone and their brother.

The Dangerous Alliance made up of Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Larry Zbysko, Bobby Eaton, Madusa, and manager Paul E. Dangerously.

D-X, nWo, and The Nation are staples. D-X and nWo are easily #1 and #2 for me. I also liked the Dudley Family faction in ECW, especially once Bubba and D-Von turned heel and started having Joel Gertner as their ring announcer. Hilarious.

The Corporate Ministry with HHH, Undertaker, Shane McMahon, The Acolytes, and the Big Boss Man was a good time, too.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• 1 month later...
The original Four Horsemen- Flair, Blanchard, Ole and Arn Andrerson- managed by James J. Dillon. Back in my wrestling fandom days, I loved watching these guys on Saturday nights on WTBS. The old school Heenan Family was great as well, Nick Bockwinkel and Ray 'the Crippler' Stevens, the Blackjacks, etc.

THIS is where it's at.

<<<<<<<

IV.

Stylin', profilin', jet flyin', limousine ridin', kiss stealin' son of a gun.

In no way can Mongo McMichael be considered a Horseman. Awful. I could see using the Malenko/Benoit/Flair/Arn one, but not Mongo. He was brutally bad.

nWo was obviously incredible. But just with the originals.

Back in the Monday night wars, I was always a WCW guy, and couldn't stand the WWE. So the NWO to me was bitter sweet because, yeah, it was great at the time till it got too big. It was fun to watch and really gave the WCW the shot in the arm that it needed. But, ultimately, Hall, Nash, and Hogan were about themselves and they sucked that company dry with those ridiculous contracts, until the company just couldn't make money anymore. So the NWO was the worst thing to ever happen to WCW in the long run. In the short run, it was great. But, if WCW would have never brought those two pieces of garbage (Hall and Nash), and instead worked on resigning the talent that they had, (Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, the Dudleys etc.) they would probably still be around today. They might have never been as big as they were for about six months, but they would be better off in the long run. So as a WCW fan, I vote for the NWO to be the WORST stable of all time, simple because it killed wrestling for me. I'll tune into TNA sometimes, but WWE is still a bunch of watered down crap.

Yeah I can't stand the WWE. It's like a soap opera. Unless you have been watching it for awhile, you have no idea what's going on. I do watch TNA though a few things bother me about it.

1) They used to have a great tag team division which has pretty much disappeared. Beer Money is still around, and the Motor City Machine Guns are still going although one of the guys is hurt. But LAX is gone, Team 3D is gone, The British Invasion was gone until just recently. I rarely see Generation Me or Ink Inc. anymore. The Tag Team division in the WWE is virtually non-existent so TNA could really make some headway with a competitive tag team division with regular teams, not just pairings for two singles wrestlers. Back in the day the WWF's tag team division was amazing. Demolition, Powers of Pain, British Bulldogs, Hart Foundation, Strike Force, Bolsheviks, Brain Busters, Killer Bees, Fabulous Rougeaus (sp?) Conquistidors, Legion of Doom. I could go on. Eric Bischoff ruined some great tag teams in the WCW, most notably the Steiners and Harlem Heat. I see him doing that in TNA as well.

2) Having Ric Flair stay with Immortal as opposed to going with Fortune, the group he started, makes zero sense.

3) I'm not sure if this is where they are going with the X division, I hope so, but they need another title belt to help boost up some of the other wrestlers. There is too much talent for one championship belt. It can be something like the Intercontinental Championship where the up and comers get to be champion to further boost their status. Someone like Crimson could benefit from being able to be champion for awhile.

4) Enough with the Angle and Jarrett already. It feels like they've wrestled at the last 6 pay-per-views. Hopefully with Angle the new #1 contender we've seen the last of it.

5) Do more with the homegrown talent. Styles and Samoa Joe deserve to in the discussion for the title. I understand you need to feed the egos of guys like Angle, Sting, and RVD, but WCW relied too much on free agent talent as opposed to building up their own guys. I don't want to see TNA make the same mistake.

Very cool. I've seen him wrestle live a handful of times. I think I was present for either his first or second professional match in Beaver Dam. He was given a lame surfer gimmick and was wrestling for Powerhouse Professional Wrestling.

Archived