Brewer Fanatic

Mr. 3000 Bobble : SOLD it on ebay in 10 minutes

TURBO

I have a Mr. 3000 Bobblehead that I'm willing to trade for a 2003 Paul Molitor Powder Blue with box. Mr. 3000 comes with the box, (styrofoam packing in the box is rough, broken into a few pieces) and someone wrote "Mr. 3000 Doll" on the side of the box with black marker.

I will even throw in a 2011 Scooter vs the Snowman bobblehead because I'm a nice guy!!!

Pm me if interested, or email me at turborickey@hotmail.com

(Would also take the 2003 Prince Fielder Beloit bobble in place of the Molitor, but I doubt anyone has one they will part with)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Since I had no luck getting the Powder Blue Molitor in a trade for the Mr. 3000 here, I decided to post it on ebay to see what would happen.

I listed it for $89.99 plus $6.95 shipping, and 10 minutes after I listed it, it sold! Literally, 10 minutes!!!

Should have had a higher price, obviously...

Anyway, I no longer have it available. I think I will use the feature from now on which says buyer has to pay for it immediately after using the buy it now, only makes sense...

I plan to use the cash for the Mr. 3000 to buy the Molitor since I had no luck trading for it.

I aquired two Mr. 3000 bobbles last week from a seller on ebay. Interesting story:

I emailed the seller who had it on ebay for a starting price of $19 a couple weeks ago, asking if there was a chance that he had another one he would be willling to trade, since a lot of bobble sellers on ebay are also collectors. Figured I was grasping at straws, but he replied saying he did in fact have 2 of them, and would I be willing to pay $44 for them, shipped! He would take the one on auction off, and sell it along with the other one for $44 shipped. Needless to say, I could not reply fast enough that I wanted them. Sent him payment via paypal 5 minutes later, and a week later I had them. I kept thinking that surely he was going to rip me off, but he came through. I didn't even contact him about the one on auction, just asking if he had another one.

So that is my story, and why I was a little secretive in my mystery post a while back as to which rare brewers bobble I had, or was hoping to have. That was the reason, it just seemed to good to be true, and I was expecting something bad to happen.

In the end, I made some good money off a rare bobble, and still have one for myself, what can be better than that?

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

It was not given away during the Mr. 3000 shoot at Miller Park. I believe this was a promotional item given away by Touchstone Pictures (either during the movie premier, to theaters, or from their store directly.) I do know that most of these came out of California, so they were given out some time during the release of the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

just got one for 36 (with shipping). no box. but i have a ton of white boxes i can use. turbo, was when you got yours did it come in a styrofoam mold or bubblewrap?

this one said it had a few minor touchups. i dunno what that means, from the pictures i thought it looked in good enough shape. I figured if nothing else, i can still flip it with a box to get my money back.

it was listed as Mr 3000 rare Bernie Mac limited edition. if it had said brewers anywhere in there i bet it woulda caught more attention as a BIN.

Styrofoam on the bottom where the base sat, and two pieces of styrofoam around the top head piece. Not a styrofoam mold so to speak.

It wasn't even listed as a bobblehead?

Yeah, that guy screwed up with his listing for sure... Nice find. Let us know what shape it was in when you get it.

That's a great find I found mine on eBay last year and the guy listed it right he just had it for a BIN of only $6 got lucky and was the first to see it and snatch it up!!! He also had a Prince Fielder Huntsville bobble for $6 he was from Huntsville!!

No box or anything just bubble wrap

hmmm, wonder how hard it would be to mold a piece of styrofoam. i'll probably just use a box from an ads bobblehead and wrap it up with bubblewrap. a lot of early bobbles came this way. i won't claim it as "new in box" just that is comes in a box.

i'm curious to see how the "touchups" look. it was really tough to see any differences in the pictures. my fiance is also an art junkie with tons of paints and whatnot. she said she can probably figure out a color scheme and fix anything if it looks minor. what a gal!

There was no touchups at all. I dunno what that guy was thinking. it looks mint to me. Anyway, I put it up there with it starting at 39.99 and a BIN of 115. Someone messaged me about the styrofoam. I can't believe boxes make that much a difference to deciding whether to bid or not.

Well, I don't bid on any bobbles without the box and packaging. The only exception I have made so far was the 2003 Prince and the 2004 Weeks.

I think it's pretty common to want the entire package to the serious collector.

I have a plain white box. and bobblewrap. I can understand it to an extent. Though I'm one of those that doesn't care terribly much since as soon as I get it it's goin on a shelf anyway. If there was graphics on the box, it would probably matter more, but the early bobbles that come in plain white boxes, whatever.

Mine sold for 69.00. I thought/hoped it would get in the high 70's or so, but whatever. My extra bobbleheads are almost completely gone, which is a good thing.

Anyone looking for an extra Capuano, Daron and Bill, Jeff Suppan, or Bill Hall?

I also have like 5 or 6 of the Uecker Nesting dolls and the Braves nesting dolls. So many people left those under their seats it was ridiculous.

Archived