Brewer Fanatic

Rickie Weeks pinky.

prophet
Uecker said that Weeks was taken out because of a sprained pinky. For you or me, we wouldn't miss a day of work. But, for a baseball player, how serious is a sprained pinky? Seems like it would be hard to hit.

So is this going to finally force them to add an actual infielder to the roster? The bench was short before, now the backup plan is likely either Braun or Almonte at 3B with McGehee moving to 2B in case of injury. Are they carrying so many pitcher because Mitre is still not quite there?

While it didn't sound like anything too serious after the game, manager Ron Roenicke was taking a wait-and-see approach with it heading into Saturday night's game.

"He said he’s OK, but we’ll see how he is tomorrow," Roenicke said. "Any time you jam it like that, you get the back of your hand and it just doesn’t feel right. We’ll see how he is tomorrow."

Doesn't sound like either Weeks or Roenicke thought it was all that serious last night. I think this thread is overreacting just a bit.

He'll be fine. I'm sure he could field, and do everything else without pain. The only problem is gripping a bat. I'm sure it'll feel better in a few days tops. If it was broken, then we all know the timetable for that. Lucroy had the same thing. It's mostly about gripping the bat. Good thing it's just a sprain though, and I'll bet he gets back in the lineup by Monday. He could probably use a few days off anyway, because he seems to be a little funk right now. Just give Counsell a couple starts, and we'll be good to go.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Could have played, but Almonte was pinch hitting in a high leverage situation (tonight's 8th) instead of him? (Or did I miss an earlier Weeks pinch hit appearance?) Figured i'd come to this thread and see other than "could have played" when crappy Almonte was pinch hitting in a crucial situation.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived