Brewer Fanatic

Now Angel Salome wants to catch?

The article is pretty poorly written. For instance, I had no clue that Salome was signed while Jack Z was scouting the DR. I was under some odd impression that he was a high draft pick out of a HS in New York. It also claims he didn't catch in 2010.

I'm familiar with the Salome story and saw what happened last year. I guess I missed the part about Milwaukee releasing him. I figured he was on some reserve, non-injury type status as he took time away from baseball.

What a shame. He was one of my favorite prospects over the last 4 or 5 years. I hope he triumphs over his challenges.

Salome would probably happily suck the dew off the grass each morning if it meant a job in MLB. If you pitch like Greinke, teams will put up with "stuff." Otherwise, abandoning your team and then saying you want to play OF is heavily frowned upon.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Did Salome go through all of that just to get away from the Brewers? Makes you wonder?

Why do we have to invent conspiracy theories? Is our inferiority complex that bad?

He was our AAA catcher, in line to be starting in the MLB right now. But instead, he is now working his way back with one "strike" against him (medical condition or no, he is going to have to prove himself again). If he really wanted to be out of the Brewers org that badly, something would have been said.

It was a medical condition and nothing more.

Wow, if he starts to catch again, one has to question all the stuff that was going on with the Brewers. Did Salome go through all of that just to get away from the Brewers? Makes you wonder?
Do you actually really wonder if this is what happened? In my opinion, that is ridiculous, and probably very very far from the truth.

I wish Angel luck w/ Seattle, hopefully he can overcome his anxitey issues, and become the MLB player I thought he would become, even though I'm sorry it won't be as a Brewer.

Archived