Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks averaged 13,000 fans per night

RyDogg66

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were also 23rd in attendance. Makes me wonder how much longer the Bucks can survive. Milwaukee just isn't an NBA city.
It certainly was during the 70's and 80's, and even for a brief time at the turn of the century. Obviously the downfall started when Kohl (though he deserves credit for saving the team along with the Pettit's) ran Don Nelson out of town. Letting George Karl ascend to dictator status pretty much sealed things. I still rate the Anthony Mason trade as one of the worst blunders in Wisconsin sports history.

More people watched on TV than showed up to the majority of the games, as sad as that is.
My guess is that's the case with all pro games, though I get your point. From watching games on TV, it looked like there were tons of 'attendees' dressed as an empty seat. They were probably home watching (something else) on TV.

Every year its incredibly frustrating that we miss early season Brewers games because the Bucks season is still going on. I haven't cared about the Bucks since Ray Ray was here and I haven't been to a game since Lebrons rookie year. I know there are some Bucks fans and NBA fans that post here but for me, the Bucks and the league itself could go away and I wouldn't miss a second of it.

They were also 23rd in attendance. Makes me wonder how much longer the Bucks can survive. Milwaukee just isn't an NBA city.

Milwaukee, like almost all other cities, is a fair weather city. If the Bucks could get a new arena and ownership they'd be fine. Unfortunately, that's probably not gonna happen.

Community Moderator

I'm not sure if the Bucks will ever totally recover from the biased officiating in the 2001 Conference Finals. Sacramento never recovered from that Lakers series and the Bucks are likely to share the same fate eventually.

However, there are still a few other NBA teams in worse shape. The Hornets have been in financial trouble despite having a winning team. Cleveland is probably going to set a record for attendance decrease next year--they could possibly go from #3 to #30.

I still rate the Anthony Mason trade as one of the worst blunders in Wisconsin sports history.

Do you mean the Ray Allen trade? And tongue in cheek...I think this kind of explains why the Bucks aren't popular. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The Bucks need to win in order to be popular in the state. They've probably lost a lot of younger fans the past few years due to the lack of winning. Hopefully they can turn it around. I still think the Bucks would be a likely candidate to relocate, but they were 23rd in attendance? Wow...so you're telling me they're not the worst...

NBA is kind of in a sad state and lots of teams are struggling. I wonder how many games will be lost due to a lockout with the CBA soon expiring.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
People said Milwaukee wasn't a baseball city in the 90's.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

For me it isnt so much the Bucks as it is the NBA. I can watch Hockey, Baseball and Football games that dont involve local teams and be really into them. I cant sit through 15 minutes of Lakers/Heat or Spurs/Celtics or anything like that. The product is just so boring. Yeah, the fact the Bucks stink doesnt help, but even if they were the 2011 Bulls I would have a hard time getting into a regular season game.

Love the regular "I hate/don't care about the bucks/NBA" threads. The best thing about them is the same people come back again and again to say how much they don't care anymore. So don't watch/don't go. I agree that the NBA product could/should be improved; but voting with your money is pretty much the only recourse. Personally I haven't gone there yet, the playoffs always reel me back into how good this game can be.

It was just a disappointing season after a playoff year. If they can make some moves and be competitive next year, people will come back.

As far as the future, I wonder how soon Sen. Kohl will seriously look at selling the team. It's something that's been banded about for years, but who knows when it will come to fruition?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
For me it isnt so much the Bucks as it is the NBA. I can watch Hockey, Baseball and Football games that dont involve local teams and be really into them. I cant sit through 15 minutes of Lakers/Heat or Spurs/Celtics or anything like that. The product is just so boring. Yeah, the fact the Bucks stink doesnt help, but even if they were the 2011 Bulls I would have a hard time getting into a regular season game.
As much as I dislike the Bulls, I will have to admit that watching Derrick Rose in crunch time is very entertaining. And he has two or three "How did he do that?" drives to the hoop every game.

And I LOVED watching the Bucks last year. They were so unselfish, always making the extra pass to the open man, playing good defense.....

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Love the regular "I hate/don't care about the bucks/NBA" threads. The best thing about them is the same people come back again and again to say how much they don't care anymore. So don't watch/don't go. I agree that the NBA product could/should be improved; but voting with your money is pretty much the only recourse. Personally I haven't gone there yet, the playoffs always reel me back into how good this game can be.
It wouldn't be a problem except they are on tv when people want to watch the Brewers. This is the first "I hate/don't care about the bucks/NBA" I remember so I would hardly call it regular.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

If the Bucks were contending, a lot of people would want to watch the Bucks in important late season games as opposed to an early April Brewers game. It goes both ways. This year the Bucks suck so people are mad, but if the Brewers sucked and the Bucks were good....the view might be reversed. What needs to happen is some sort of deal with channel 24 or 41 or any channel for that manner. And then what could happen is that FSN could choose the game they wanted. This year it would have been the Brewers. But choose the game they wanted, then put the other game on 24/41. We're only talking about 5 or so games at the most anyway. This doesn't really help people outside of the Milwaukee area, but it would be a start.

If the Bucks win the fans will respond by going to games. They reached the playoffs last year but they need to go a bit deeper than just the first round. Otherwise I dont think there is any reason for fans to get excited about this team. It seems every year the Bucks come in with high expectations and fall short.

This is the first "I hate/don't care about the bucks/NBA" I remember so I would hardly call it regular.

Really? Look back in every bucks thread ever and you'll see people show up just to say that.

I understand being frustrated with the TV situation early in the year; but I would assume those contracts are laid out with the bucks and brewers and things can't be shifted much. Hopefully the flexibility or Brewers favoritism can be put into the next one...if the Bucks are in a playoff chase though I, for one, wouldn't like it.

If the Bucks were contending, a lot of people would want to watch the Bucks in important late season games as opposed to an early April Brewers game. It goes both ways. This year the Bucks suck so people are mad, but if the Brewers sucked and the Bucks were good....the view might be reversed. What needs to happen is some sort of deal with channel 24 or 41 or any channel for that manner. And then what could happen is that FSN could choose the game they wanted. This year it would have been the Brewers. But choose the game they wanted, then put the other game on 24/41. We're only talking about 5 or so games at the most anyway. This doesn't really help people outside of the Milwaukee area, but it would be a start.

They already have that. This year the Brewers were on WMLW when the Bucks were on, so those lucky people in Milwaukee could still see the game, and those with digital cable or satellite who could watch it on an alternate fsn channel.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

This is the first "I hate/don't care about the bucks/NBA" I remember so I would hardly call it regular.

Really? Look back in every bucks thread ever and you'll see people show up just to say that.

His point was that this is the first bucks thread he could remember specifically for that purpose. Not that individuals didn't come into other threads about the bucks and state their dislike for the sport.

The best thing about them is the same people come back again and again

to say how much they don't care anymore. So don't watch/don't go.

Pretty certain the people here who constantly state the dislike for the Bucks aren't going to games/watching games.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived