Brewer Fanatic

Mike Leake is allegedly a dirt bag

Hammer
There are only two things I want to come out of this if Leake ends up making a start at Miller Park this year: someone behind home plate holding up a "Where's my wallet?" sign while he's pitching, and for him to walk up to his first AB to "Been Caught Stealing" by Jane's Addiction.
Oh, yes. Make it happen, Brewers, whether this next homestand or later in the season.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Funny thing is, HAD the Reds been scheduled to go TO New York rather than host the Yankees, you just know those RF bleacher creatures would be starting up a "Where's my wallet? [CLAP-CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP]" chant.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

"I proceeded to go to Macy’s and exchange them on my own instead of talking to the clerk. I set the six shirts down and got the correct sizes myself, walked out and they stopped me."

Even an idiot would know you can't just do this... right? "Exchange them on my own"? Seriously?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
"I proceeded to go to Macy’s and exchange them on my own instead of talking to the clerk. I set the six shirts down and got the correct sizes myself, walked out and they stopped me."

Even an idiot would know you can't just do this... right? "Exchange them on my own"? Seriously?

I mean, if you're Joey Votto or someone important, sure, you shouldn't have to be bothered to actually go to the service desk or whatever it is, but Mike Leake? Sorry buddy, you're not famous enough yet.

Compounding a crime with a lie is not the way the story should end. Take responsibility, get it resolved, and be done with it. Making phony excuses will just draw out the issue and make him look more the fool.

It's probably the worst cover story he could possibly have used. That's the best this guy's got? It makes me think he's a crook and stupid.

He claims to have the time stamp receipt showing he actually purchased the original shirts. I'm not defending what he did, he's still an idiot, but I at least believe that part of it. Obviously you're entitled to believe what you want to believe.

It's probably the worst cover story he could possibly have used. That's the best this guy's got? It makes me think he's a crook and stupid.

He claims to have the time stamp receipt showing he actually purchased the original shirts. I'm not defending what he did, he's still an idiot, but I at least believe that part of it. Obviously you're entitled to believe what you want to believe.

I don't believe that for a second. If he had a receipt, we would have seen the receipt and he would have used the receipt. Why is it so hard for ballplayers to admit they've done something wrong, when lying about it clearly makes them look even worse.

Verified Member
Why is it so hard for ballplayers to admit they've done something wrong, when lying about it clearly makes them look even worse.

For some reason, many public people, regardless of profession, have a sense of entitlement. His actions are no different than actors, politicians, or other athletes have shown in the past.

Archived