Brewer Fanatic

Are rehab assignments always necessary?

NYChez

I can't wait to see how Corey Hart went down to New Orleans and went 4-6 with a HR while Kotsay and Almonte go 1-for-11 in Philly.

The Brewers are desperate for a right fielder and another hitter. They could also really use some bullpen help. However, Hart and Hawkins are going to be playing in the minors the next several games. Would it really be a big deal to just start playing in Milwaukee?

I am no professional hitter, but I would say yes. Realistically, Corey hasn't faced legit MLB pitching since October 2010, as he missed all of spring training. Get your timing for a week in the Minors and we'll see you in Milwaukee.

Yea, there is a difference between having batting practice or doing simulated games vs facing live pitching in a real game.

I understand that nobody wants to watch Kotsay or Almonte go out there and look so overmatched any longer than we have to, but all teams send players down for assignments in the minors if they miss an extended amount of time. Thus, i have a hard time envisioning that the whole league is foolishly following the same practice with previously injured players. It's just a bummer that Morgan has been hurt of late.

Since he threw 30 pitches in his last simulated game, I think he could go out and throw 50 in his 1st and then 70 in his second and then he could be ready to come back but is limited to 90 or so for his first start. I understand they are being cautious but I think 2 starts is definitely doable.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I suppose with Estrada pitching well, (and the rotation in general in pretty good shape), they're not feeling a major sense of urgency to rush it.

I was hoping he would be able to pitch both on the road trip in both Atlanta and St. Louis, but the way he's lining up, May 4th will be the earliest, so he'd miss the Cardinals series.

Tonight Erick Almonte and Sean Green are in key spots for the Brewers with the game on the line (and fail miserably) while Corey Hart and Manny Parra are playing in Nashville for what seems to be continuation of endless rehab stints.

If football was like baseball, Aaron Rodgers would have been in game 7 of his NFL Europe rehab assignment on February 6 instead of in Dallas.

Hart has only played in 4 games in Nashville. He missed all of spring training. I hardly think it's unnecessary for him to be down there. He'll be back Tuesday, and that's still probably not enough at-bats for him. Parra is coming off a back injury, and has only made 4 appearances after missing all of spring training also. Same thing for him. I don't have a problem with either of them still rehabbing. The problem I have is Almonte making the roster over Boggs and Cruz coming out of ST, and Green making the roster over someone like McClendon or Justin James. Or for this game specifically, I have a problem not using Mitre over Green. Mitre has a 0.00 ERA so far, and Green has been nothing but horrible. There wasn't much we could do about Almonte with Weeks unavailable.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived