Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-17 Brewers (Gallardo) at Nationals (Marquis) - Game 1 - [Brewers lose, 8-4]

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes you wonder if the 6 days of rest had him feeling rusty. I can understand wanting to get as much out of Yo as possible, though. You want to save the pen with Estrada starting the second game.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Listening to the Nationals announcers anticipate a possible series sweep with Livan Hernandez going in the next game is not fun.

Livan owned us last year iirc.

Yep, complete game shutout. But since we rocked Marquis last year and he owned us this year, that must mean that we'll own Hernandez this year. We can only hope I guess.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Listening to the Nationals announcers anticipate a possible series sweep with Livan Hernandez going in the next game is not fun.

Because they've had the pleasure (or displeasure) of watching Marco Estrada firsthand so they know what they're up against. I'd be very confident too if I were them.

My take on this game is that Gallardo threw too many curveballs and consequently, too many pitches. He was worn out by the end of the game. I guess it never occurred to him or Lucroy that the Nats gameplan was to up his pitch count. Strike one, strike two and then the curveball. Especially against this team which has almost no hitting.

My pet peeve, if a team wants to give you an out, take it. Fat curveball to Marquis to prevent him from giving them an out--right. Thanks for letting me vent.

Archived