Brewer Fanatic

Living the dream -- Congratulations to Patrick (Brewerfan's colbyjack)

I wanted to let everyone know that I am very proud to announce that I will be going to work for Perfect Game USA on a full-time basis. You may know that I have been working for them on a freelance basis for the past 6+ years. They're bringing me on as their Managing Editor, as I will be responsible for pulling all of the pieces together to properly display all of the original content on our website. If you haven't noticed, PG brought on Kendall Rogers earlier this year to handle all of their college coverage (and a lot more), and have two writers devoted to the high school game (Ben Collman and Todd Gold, who are currently on a pretty cool high school road trip). Baseball America founder Allan Simpson and David Rawnsley, who has worked in every single facet of baseball operations, from scouting to serving as an agent, remain in place, as does feature writer Jeff Dahn (who has been writing some really good draft-related pieces in recent weeks).

I won't be contributing anything to 5 Tool Talk anymore, although I don't want that site to simply die. I need to think more about that. Thanks to everyone for following me here, there and at Perfect Game, and I hope you continue to do so with my new position.

I don't want to carry on too much and get sappy, as it's not like I'm losing my internet connection. I'll still be checking in here, as I'm a Brewers fan first and foremost. I'm just living the dream now http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Our modest Brewerfan original, Patrick, won't be pleased that I've highlighted this thread for the weekend, but it is so well-deserved.

Even though he and I are separated by distance and have communicated almost exclusively via online means only for 10+ years now, I know that I can state without question that they don't come any classier than Patrick.

For him to be able to take his incredible passion for amateur baseball and nurture it, develop it, build those contacts, network, and then migrate from a professional and productive life outside of baseball to his new full-time managing editor gig at Perfect Game is a special accomplishment that we all celebrate. True congratulations are in order and a special note to his understanding better half as well http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

My thanks to "colbyjack" for all his efforts that you readers have seen here at Brewerfan over the years, but even more so for his words here behind the scenes.

A wonderful reward and kudos to Perfect Game on a very wise hire.

And yes, I finally hope to host colbyjack for some Cape Cod League summer games in the coming years...

-- Jim

Living the Dream indeed. Patrick, your dedication to scouting and amateur baseball over the past decade has been incredible, especially considering that for many years you did it with no compensation and it made Brewerfan.net a destination for ALL baseball fans come draft time, for you are the Mel Kiper of baseball and for years there was nobody else doing it online. Best of luck.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/colbyjack/nightbees.jpg

nightbee! That monicker actually came to life in Georgia, off of the very same exit off of highway 75 that the new Perfect Game complex is expected to be completed 2 years from now. Coincidence?

Thanks for the kind words.

• 2 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

A little late to the game here, but congrats!

And selfishly, I ask: Will that effect your contributions here at BF.net also? I realize you will still post, but it seems like most of the draft content came from you.

Again Congrats! Find a job you love and you never have to work a day in your life! (I'm still looking...)

Thanks CheezWiz. I have stepped down as a contributor in the P50, and overall I have been reducing my involvement here at Brewerfan. I have not been providing specific Brewerfan.net draft coverage since I began 5 Tool Talk over two years ago, and I will not be involved with the draft-day coverage as I have been in the past. I will continue to contribute as a fan, like everyone else here. As I believe I noted above, I am a Brewers fan, first and foremost.

Archived