Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-15 Brewers (Narveson) at Nationals (Gorzelanny) - 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3, 10 innings]

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big hit for GoGo. Was the play at 2nd even close?

Bang Bang. Had it been Nyjer hustling and throwin out...well that's just gritty :rolls eyes: The defense made a play. Unlike last night when Njyer "rolled over" and made it easy on them. Not how I feel, just sayin. The hate for Gomez is unreal sometimes.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

That's not a bad risk move by Gomez. 2 out, try to get into scoring position. That took an absolutely perfect throw to get him.

I hate the guy as much as anyone, but that wasn't a completely stupid attempt at 2nd there. That was a great throw.

As much as I dislike Gomez, that is not a terrible place to try and grab an extra base.

It is if Weeks decides to easily jog in and doesn't make it before Gomez is tagged. Just stay at 1st, leave it up to Braun.

As much as I dislike Gomez, that is not a terrible place to try and grab an extra base.

Not when you're hitting in front of Braun or can steal bases at a 85% clip

85% against a lefty?

It took a perfect throw to just barely get Gomez, so I still don't think it was a bad move. He probably get's into 2B there 95% of the time, so 5% of the time it will be called stupid.

Big hit for GoGo. Was the play at 2nd even close?

Bang Bang. Had it been Nyjer hustling and throwin out...well that's just gritty :rolls eyes: The defense made a play. Unlike last night when Njyer "rolled over" and made it easy on them. Not how I feel, just sayin. The hate for Gomez is unreal sometimes.

It isn't unreal it is real. How can you even stick up for the guy. If Rickie isn't hustling home there the game is over. Weeks scored by a step. A smart ball player knows you can't make outs on the bases in front of Braun and Fielder. If Gomez is batting 8th where he should be I wouldn't care if he tried that, but not in the 2 hole.

That's not a very hard throw for an OFer to make especially one with an arm like that. I would expect OFers in the MLB to be able to throw the ball on the money to 2nd. That's part of having high baseball IQ. Know which guys you can and can't test. Know who is and who isn't on deck for you.

It isn't unreal it is real. How can you even stick up for the guy. If Rickie isn't hustling home there the game is over. Weeks scored by a step. A smart ball player knows you can't make outs on the bases in front of Braun and Fielder. If Gomez is batting 8th where he should be I wouldn't care if he tried that, but not in the 2 hole.
No, the reason it's not a bad move to try to make it to 2nd (and I'm not watching, but people here are saying it was a really close play) is because Braun is up next. If Gomez was did the same thing hitting from the 8th spot, a pinch hitter would be coming up. I like my odds better with Braun batting with Gomez in scoring position as opposed to a pinch hitter at the plate.

so in theory, it would have been gomez's fault that rickie wasn't hustling....?

and it wasn't that close with weeks. i dont mind the play by gomez...it was a great throw by ankiel. hopefully the bullpen holds up and ryan/prince get their chance to take care of it anyway.

Archived