Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-15 Brewers (Narveson) at Nationals (Gorzelanny) - 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3, 10 innings]

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I've never been a fan of the shift, except in EXTREME cases, where you have data that a certain guy NEVER goes the other way with the ball. Narvy's location was off, obviously, but that shift garbage just sucks. Yeah, he looks smart when it works, but when it's an utter failure (aka, that inning) it completely over-rides any positive they get from it (which, IMO, is marginal)
They must have SOME data to back this up?

I'm sure they do. But like I said, unless the guy is an absolute extreme pull hitter, I'm not a fan of the shift. I'm not a guy that will say "it's been being done this way for 130 years blah blah blah!" but at the same time, I think the shift is something that would have caught on more than it has if it had a lot of merit to it. I don't like it, I'm not a fan. My comments are probably mostly aesthetical.......I just don't like the shift.

even when Gomez does something good, he irritates me. He flipped his bat like he was sick of walking or something.

maybe I hate him so much that I look for more ways to hate on him?

When you have an OBP like Gomez, drawing a walk feels the same as hitting a dinger. Hence the bat flip.

I'm sorry but that was just dumb plate approach by Prince right there. A guy is clearly on the ropes walking 2 straight batters and he reaches out to flail at the first pitch? Terrible.
Maybe but if a pitcher walks a couple guys on a few pitches he is more likely to throw a "get me over" strike.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

So many factors working against our offense tonight:

- we have 4 minor league caliber bats in the lineup tonight

- much of Prince's awesomeness is neutralized by the lefty/lefty matchup

- we're still a HR hitting team, a tall order tonight with the stadium and wind

Archived