Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-15 Brewers (Narveson) at Nationals (Gorzelanny) - 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3, 10 innings]

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buckle down Chris, you can't walk the pitcher on 4 straight pitches.
He actually didn't...at least one of them should have been called a strike and possibly two. The strikezone got awfully small for the pitcher there.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I've never been a fan of the shift, except in EXTREME cases, where you have data that a certain guy NEVER goes the other way with the ball. Narvy's location was off, obviously, but that shift garbage just sucks. Yeah, he looks smart when it works, but when it's an utter failure (aka, that inning) it completely over-rides any positive they get from it (which, IMO, is marginal)

I've never been a fan of the shift, except in EXTREME cases, where you have data that a certain guy NEVER goes the other way with the ball. Narvy's location was off, obviously, but that shift garbage just sucks. Yeah, he looks smart when it works, but when it's an utter failure (aka, that inning) it completely over-rides any positive they get from it (which, IMO, is marginal)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It's like the old saying "trying to be too cute." That's exactly what RR is doing with these shifts.

They must have SOME data to back this up?

Buckle down Chris, you can't walk the pitcher on 4 straight pitches.
He actually didn't...at least one of them should have been called a strike and possibly two. The strikezone got awfully small for the pitcher there.
He got squeezed on a pitch to the first batter, too, at least according to Gameday.

Archived