Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-15 Brewers (Narveson) at Nationals (Gorzelanny) - 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3, 10 innings]

If Fielder catches the ball and Werth is safe, as people are saying, he still would have been on first base, not second. That potentially changes the whole inning.

As others have said, it's one crappy loss. We'll have some crappy wins too, it's what happens in a 162 game season.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me the most glaring mistake in the 10th was that we didn't set up force outs. We could have loaded the bases and then a ground ball in the infield like the last one would have been a double play, inning over. We also would have had a much easier time getting the out at home. 5 infielders with no force outs is a recipe for disaster. Did we even have the infield in at the end? Or was it halfway? I reallly like the way Roenicke has worked the bullpen match-ups, but I think he does way too many things just to do them. He seems to want to show that he is the smartest guy in the park, thinking of things that other people don't. Instead, he is doing things that other managers have thought of and dismissed. I am hoping that Jerry or Dale will convince him to reign it in a little.

Archived