Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-15 Brewers (Narveson) at Nationals (Gorzelanny) - 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3, 10 innings]

April 15 - 6:05 P.M.

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/brewers.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/nationals.jpg

7-5

5-7

Pitching Matchup

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/brewers/narveson-03.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/nationals/gorzelanny-01.jpg

Starting Lineups

1. 2B Weeks
  2. CF Gomez
  3. LF Braun
  4. 1B Fielder
  5. 3B McGehee
  6. SS Betancourt
  7. RF Almonte
  8. C Nieves
  9. LHP Narveson
  1. 2B Espinosa
  2. CF Ankiel
  3. RF Werth
  4. 1B LaRoche
  5. C Ramos
  6. LF Morse
  7. SS Desmond
  8. 3B Hairston
  9. LHP Gorzelanny

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-fsn.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay 2010 | ESPN GameCast
Sportsline GameCenter | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Considering Morgan is hitting .201/.293/.276 for his career against lefties, I wouldn't say he's better than any other option. He'll be in the game by the 7th inning, anyway. I wouldn't count on Almonte getting more than a couple ABs.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

That Nationals lineup is just not very good. I am pretty optimistic about this game. Amazing to think we could be tied for 1st after today.

Part of me just thinks that RR is giving Carlos Gomez enough ooporuntiies early in the year so that if he sucks he will have no problems just plugging in PLush when Hart comes back. I think he knows what he has in PLush and if Gomez doesn't show anything in the next two weeks he becomes the 4th outfielder.

Part of me just thinks that RR is giving Carlos Gomez enough ooporuntiies early in the year so that if he sucks he will have no problems just plugging in PLush when Hart comes back. I think he knows what he has in PLush and if Gomez doesn't show anything in the next two weeks he becomes the 4th outfielder.

That is my thought too. I think he just decided to bat him there until Hart gets back so he can look back on that sample size the rest of the year to gauge what to do with Gomez.

Does Roenicke like reserving Morgan for the role of defensive replacement in the 6th inning? I'm wondering if he's going to regularly save him for that instead of starting him. It makes some sense because you can pinch hit with him and maneuver your outfield accordingly halfway through the game, even though I don't necessarily agree with it.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Considering Morgan is hitting .201/.293/.276 for his career against lefties, I wouldn't say he's better than any other option. He'll be in the game by the 7th inning, anyway. I wouldn't count on Almonte getting more than a couple ABs.

Gomez' splits against LHP the last 3 years are .231/.289/.357, and last year he was .196/.271/.309, nothing to get excited about either . I say.. Morgan is HOT, Gomez is NOT. Couple that with the motivation of playing against the team that just traded him for next to nothing.... and I'd say Morgan is still the better option for tonight.

That Nationals lineup is just not very good. I am pretty optimistic about this game. Amazing to think we could be tied for 1st after today.

I agree, I think RR just decided to go with Gomez in the 2 hole until Hart gets back. If he finally puts it together awesome. If he does what he has been doing so far this year he has all the ammo he needs to put him on the pine as the 4th outfielder or push Melvin to trade him. Plush hasn't done anything other than prove he should be starting; so I have to imagine that is RR thinking.

bylo tesi me wrote:

Guess this pretty much tells us who Roenicke considers the backup catcher. Looks like it will be Nieves.

Nah. Roenicke said Nieves would catch for Narveson as long as he was pitching so well. He didn't want to tinker with that. Doesn't mean anything as far as Kottaras goes.

Archived