Brewer Fanatic

Braun's patience

jjfanec
He has a shot at 100 walks this season or darn close. I could see 30/30 from him this year to. Love Braun.

A 30/30 season with 100 walks would be a rare feat indeed. In fact, only three guys in history have ever done it, but they each did it multiple times for a grand total of eight 30/30 100 walk seasons in MLB history. Does anybody have any guesses who the three might be? One guy is a gimme.

Without looking it I am sure Bonds is one of them and I am going to guess Ken Griffey Jr. and Rickey Henderson, but I doubt Henderson had the power to get to 30 hrs.

Going to look it up now.

EDIT: Wow I was way off. Never would have got that.

Verified Member
Bonds did it 4 times, once with a 40/40 100 season. Ruth and Williams are probably the best hitters of all-time, Honus Wagner and Willie Mays are probably the best overall players of all-time, but Bonds was probably the best offensive weapon of all-time, and I'm even discounting his last 6-8 years as being juiced (otherwise he would probably eclipse Ruth and Williams in pure hitting status as well).

Braun being able to steal some bases is huge in front of Prince. Just like tonight he was able to turn a single into second base with a steal and then score on a timely hit by Prince.

Archived