Brewer Fanatic

In-Game Music at MP

bucks2281

This has been bugging me for years, and I'm curious to hear opinions from fellow Brewer fans.

I absolutely cannot stand the in-game music clips between pitches and at-bats at Miller Park. Somebody please tell me how a five-second clip of "Ice, Ice Baby", "Stayin' Alive", the "Let's Go Brewers" rap clip, or the Finding Nemo fish enhance the in-game experience. Not to mention, the water splash after a foul ball. I also don't know why we need to hear a player's at-bat song before every plate appearance. Or why we play these clips/organ music while our pitchers are on the mound. It's worse than an NBA game.

I'm not a traditionalist or old-timer by any means. But this constant bombardment of gratuitous noise -- probably between every other pitch -- is annoying and imho, semi bush-league.

Doesnt bother me much. What I would rather not hear 40 times a year are things like the crazy cap shuffle, pizza give away with "mombo italiano", annoying Junior Announcers, having to see the goofy kids dance around the car that wins an oil change, and seeing adults go nuts for the cheap tshirts being tossed into the stands. And of course the Icemans tired "free shivers, wooooohhh" and similar rants. Much better now than when they had Sandy Maxx spouting nonsense several times a game, though.

This has bothered me since I've been going to sporting events, the attempt to appease the casual fan and keep them interested. But because there is advertisement revenue to be made on the "in-game breaks" teams will continue to do it. Just once, I wish they would have a day where the only sound coming through the PA is to announce baseball related activity. And all the graphics would be dedicated to statistics in an effort to teach fans more about the game. Call it "Sabermetric Day" or "People Who Actually Like Baseball Day"

I could do without the sideshows, music clips and other noise, cheering instructions, and the glaring LED board (last game I went to noticed how nice it was not to notice those lights so much in seats behind the plate).

why we play these clips/organ music while our pitchers are on the mound

Yes! It seems to me that music selections are often "offensive" (meaning they play stuff that seems appropriate for cheering offense) when the Brewers are in the field.

I agree, I dislike the incessant music ('walk up' music- what is this the WWF?), in between promo 'games', and yes, even the sausage race. How I long for the days of Bob Betts when Frank Charles' organ music was reserved for between innings and pitching changes. An occasional 'Charge' was fine as well, I used to like the guys who brought their own bugles to the game. Even later, simple things like the attendance game, 'Baseball Trivia' and the 'what year did this song come out game' were cool as well. Ads were played on the scoreboard, but could be easily ignored due to the poor resolution of the scoreboard and poor sound system of County Stadium. Things started to turn in the late 80's early 90's. Now there is just too much fluff for my tastes. Sometimes I feel like I'm at a Madison Mallards game or something.

be glad you arent stuck going to Dbacks games. We have the "Rallybacks" segments between innings, the "D-volution" gimmick,cheap t-shirt toss,Circle K kids hot dog "race". Fry's grocery stores "wave your club card obnoxiously enough and end up on the scoreboard" contest. There are more, but I think you get the idea. Sometimes it feels like they are trying to have a 40,000 person party instead of a MLB game.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Be glad you don't live in Tampa, as I do. Not only do you have to go to the worst stadium in the major leagues, the idiots here are encouraged and bring incessant amount of cowbells to the games and shake them....alll.....game....long.

Be glad you don't live in Tampa, as I do. Not only do you have to go to the worst stadium in the major leagues, the idiots here are encouraged and bring incessant amount of cowbells to the games and shake them....alll.....game....long.
Oh,yeah...it was either the Rays or Marlins who just about every month last season had a noisemaker giveaway: tambourines, vuvuzelas, cowbells. That would drive me crazy.

My take on the Miller Park music is a mixed bag. Some I like, some I've come to like because I now associate them with going to a game, and some I could do without. I'm definitely more of a "come for the game" than "come for the entertainment" fan, but most of the entertainment hasn't gotten to me, or else isn't "in my face" as much. Our seat locations keep me relatively insulated from the ribbon board and the advertising behind home plate.

I do dislike the Crazy Cap Shuffle and always try to encourage the contestant to choose number 4. I would like to see more trivia contests back, if only to scornfully make fun of the people who cluelessly guess "Ryan Braun" to most any question.

My childhood was remarkably (you guys might say strangely) free of video games, but like TWR, I enjoy the Mario Bros. music snippets. If I didn't have a loser dinosaur phone with no internet access, I'd totally make a ringtone out of that one snippet the Brewers sometimes play after a 1-2-3 inning.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm not a fan of all the dumb games they play between innings and all that. Mainly because they are all incredibly easy, and boring. It just holds no entertainment value for me. I try not to pay attention to it, but it is what it is I guess. The music is pretty stupid at times too, but it really doesn't faze me much. Overall, I like the experience at Miller Park, so I can't complain much. I'm there to watch the game, and I'm not gonna let minor things like this ruin it for me. They are just there, and they'll stay there. For that reason, we all have to deal with it.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I think a lot of it depends on where you sit.

A few years back, I was in the extreme nose-bleeds very close to one of the speakers, and the music and other sound effects were really irritating. When I'm closer to the action, it's not so bad. In general I think it's fairly easy to tune it out and focus on the game if you're not too close to the speakers

Also, my wife enjoys listening to the walk up music as she gets to know the players on the team.

Archived