Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-14 Brewers (Wolf) at Pirates (Maholm) - [Brewers win, 4-1, Multiple Audio Links at tail end of thread]

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ax wasn't missing by much and his hook is breaking real well. His FB velocity is there. His control appears to be just a little off. I would assume some of that can be attributed to lack of Spring Training action, but he needs to get that back. I'm not worried yet, but I'd like to see the control be better.

Lucroy needs to get better at blocking pitches in the dirt.

Not a huge fan of Axford needing 30 pitches that outing, but I thought he did look better. At least he's starting to use the curveball more, because the fastball is still looking hittable.

Winning 7 of 8 is impressive enough, but it's even more so considering how shaky the offense has looked at times during that stretch. The pitching has really carried the team through this.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Hate those Rodents wrote:
Are Brian and Bill saying Maholm correct? It looks like it almost has to be pronounced "Muh-Hahlm" with two syllables. Brian and Bill are calling him "Muh-hall-lum" with three syllables. Anyone know which is correct?
It totally looks (to me) like it should read "ma-hohlm", but I've heard "Mahollum" from too many sources for them all to get it wrong. It bugs me a little.

Ooh, they found a part of PNC Park that had more than a handful of fans!

I'm sure there's a discussion at PirateFan.Net (between all 4 members) about the proper way to pronounce McGehee. Maybe Casey donated one of his syllables to Paul in the minors?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

The Crew is now 2 games above .500. Last season they only managed to get 1 game over. Personally, I blame the poor start on playing a couple of really good teams. (Reds and Braves)

They took 3 of 4 against Atlanta, though

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Just wanted to chime in and say that listening to the game on the radio last night, I got a kick out of Ueckers and Provus's discussion on the "quality" table they had to use in the booth. I love listening to Ueck when the game isn't completely exciting.

Archived