Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-14 Brewers (Wolf) at Pirates (Maholm) - [Brewers win, 4-1, Multiple Audio Links at tail end of thread]

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolf is a jerk. Supposedly Lucroy doesn't "call" the pitch he wants and gets frustrated easily that he has to shake him off every pitch. He's already had 2 mound visits in the 1st inning and has asked for sign resets from Lucroy several times.

I was amused that the camera caught Rick Kranitz smiling after Wolf called Lucroy out there for his 2nd mound visit.

Are Brian and Bill saying Maholm correct? It looks like it almost has to be pronounced "Muh-Hahlm" with two syllables. Brian and Bill are calling him "Muh-hall-lum" with three syllables. Anyone know which is correct?
It totally looks (to me) like it should read "ma-hohlm", but I've heard "Mahollum" from too many sources for them all to get it wrong. It bugs me a little.

Ooh, they found a part of PNC Park that had more than a handful of fans!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Wolf is doing a better job of keeping the ball down tonight than he has in his first two starts, and thankfully even the pitches he's leaving up are being popped up. Good to see so far. 44 pitches through 3.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Man, Gomez has really had some tough luck so far. I really don't think he's been that disastrous at the plate so far this year - a couple of his line-drives fall and he's having a decent start to the year.
Weeks has also seemed to have a line drive caught every other game.

Archived