Brewer Fanatic

Gamel's Playing Time- 250 ABs?

Crash2303
Yeah, we at least know he won't be worse than Prince at 1B. He will be able to put up great numbers offensively though, it's just that there really aren't many people who can match Prince's numbers. As long as he hits the way many people expect him too, and plays good defense, he will definitely be a solid replacement. That's for sure.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Fielder cost Weeks an error this season already. The ball hit his glove and Weeks still got the error. Gamel might not only improve our defense at 1B but make the rest of the guys look better as well.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

He's costed players a lot of errors over the years. Defense at 1B is definitely very important. Prince's defense is only going to get worse down the road, not that it matters to us. Gamel definitely could end up being a good first baseman for us, and he'll definitely look good compared to Fielder.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

It's a given to call him up to DH, and in September, but he really needs the playing time in the field and the regular AB's in AAA.
Didn't we have Craig Counsell DH last year in interleague play? (I looked it up, we technically had Casey or Weeks DH a few games with Counsell playing in the field)

I'm going to scream if we don't bring up Gamel this year to DH. Right now we have Weeks, Braun and Fielder all having great years. The rest of our regulars have been HORRIBLE. We jump from Weeks .958 OPS to McGehee's .642 OPS for players with over 20 at bats.

I hate Gomez batting second instead of Morgan. But if we use Counsell as our de facto DH in interleague play again, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Counsell would at least be better than Tony Gwynn three years ago...

And at least they put Counsell in on defense, where his value is utilized.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived