Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-13 Brewers (Marcum) at Pirates (Correia) - 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-0]

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that Brian and Rock have mentioned it, I'm really glad Ed got to stick around on the staff. Have to think it's good for the guys to have at least one familar face around in a time of change and Ed was a good guy to keep for a lot of reasons.

Plus, it seems like the players all love Ed, like he's one of the guys. Probably would've been a hit to morale if he was let go.

Agreed.

On another note, my too idle brain was just imagining a Tony Plush rounding-3rd-and-heading-for home video vignette on the old County Stadium board, third base coach wildl windmilling, Tony and the unfortunate catcher disapperaing in a BAM! explosiong graphic, with the catcher then reappearing as scattered bowling pins falling from teh sky. It ends with the ump announcing via animated-spelled-out letters - "He's In There!".

I bet having some retro-type stuff like that, but on the new board, would be a lot of fun for a lot of the long-time fans.

Betancourt straight up sucks. Not that he would've gotten there anyways. But the point still stands.
Yeah that double he roped really sucked.
And that double play.

Trust me I get it. He isn't great or even average but there are things he does well.

I am assuming you're referring to the ball that dropped in front of Braun. There was no way Yuni was getting there from where he started with the shift he was on.

Betancourt straight up sucks. Not that he would've gotten there anyways. But the point still stands.
Yeah that double he roped really sucked.
I dont think Bent is good but I do think the fact that he is already the team punching bag (even in games we are up by 6) is getting really old.

Ok, so Morgan does everything. Why exactly does Kotsay start over him? With subbing him here for Kotsay, Ron already concedes that he is faster and a better defender(and catcher knocker over), how long until he realizes hes a better hitter.

Quite baffling isn't it?

I guess our manager loves all those weak grounders that Kotsay provides.

No I just don't think he has been that bad this year so far. However, it's only been 11 games so trust me I am expecting it to get worse.

Yuni has a little pop for a shortstop and can make the plays on balls right at him, but it has been painful watching him try to make any plays going to the right/left of him. I'm somewhat skeptical of defensive metrics as a whole, but watching him play clearly confirms what the stats say about his lack of range. Those balls he can't get to aren't tallied as errors, but some are outs that he turns into hits compared to quality defensive shortstops.

I could live with how he hits if the guy wasn't so lacking in range at the most important defensive position on the field.

Archived