Brewer Fanatic

Corey Hart a no-show at Make a Wish event?

Found this post on brewers.com:

Hey Corey Hart, what was up with your no-show at the Make-A-Wish event!!! There were many special kids there that were looking forward to seeing you and had taken all kinds of things ready for you to autograph!!! The excuse was that you had an "EMERGENCY" therapy session to fly off to??????? Then, those same kids and fans see you sitting at the game in Milwaukee the next afternoon????? Sorry, Corey, my respect for you has dwindled for the disappointment you caused these special kids and fans that went to the event to see you. I don't care how good you are at baseball, Corey, my respect goes to the players who play the game well, and also enjoy and pay back their fans!!
http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110412&content_id=17687218&notebook_id=17687146&vkey=notebook_mil&c_id=mil

If this is true, I sure hope Corey had a good excuse. This is simply unacceptable.

Corey Hart's rehabbing and injury, which takes priority over public relations appearances. No one likes disappointing kids, But my guess is this was a schedule miscommunication from the Brewers PR Dept. or whoever handles these things and not necessarily Corey himself.

Tough to find a good reason to miss something like this. An "emergency" therapy session seems pretty atypical. Those things must be planned out days ahead of time at least. The biggest problem here was that nobody seemed to contact the place and let them know beforehand that he wasn't going to make it.

Must have talked to ARodg and heard that if you blow off people with illness you win championships.

Wow. Inappropriate, unfounded and off-topic. I'll just get in before the lock.

On topic, we really don't know anything about this event, the original commeter on brewers.com, or Corey Hart's rehab schedule.

Must have talked to ARodg and heard that if you blow off people with illness you win championships.

Wow. Inappropriate, unfounded and off-topic. I'll just get in before the lock.

On topic, we really don't know anything about this event, the original commeter on brewers.com, or Corey Hart's rehab schedule.

That read like sarcasm to me, but I might be crazy.

My guess is scheduling mix-up.

I often think we make too much of charity at times during the regular season. I know this sounds a bit cruel, but I just want our players to stay out of trouble and play well. I know it is good PR for team and it reflects great on community, but the priority during the season should be winning baseball games.

Take charity time during offseason Corey and prove that I am wrong about you this year!

Archived