Brewer Fanatic

The Brewer Bench

What will the Brewer bench look like when Lucroy and Hart come back? I know Roenicke is already on record stating that it will be difficult to make a decision between Nieves and Kottaras as each brings some different, Nieves the D, Kottaras the O. However, I have to wonder if the Brewers might not just keep both and send out someone else. The way Kottaras can swing the bat might make him a decent option for PH late in the game and RR would not have to worry about burning his backup C as Nieves would be available.

With Lucroy expected to be back this week, I can't help but believe that Reed will be the one optioned out as he brings nothing to the team and truly appears to be the 6th OF, behind Braun, Gomez, Morgan, Kotsay & Almonte. When Hart returns, the Brewers then will have 6 OF again. I believe we will see Almonte optioned out, as he will never see the field, leaving the rotation of LF Braun, CF Gomez/Morgan, RF Hart, with Kotsay as the backup 1B/5th OF/PH.

The bench would obviously be catcher heavy but would look like:
OF: Morgan, Kotsay
IF: Counsell
C: Kottaras, Nieves

Like I said, catcher heavy and light on IF, but would allow Kottaras to be used more as a PH without fear of burning the backup C. Not sure if I like it, but I would rather have Kottaras and Nieves than Almonte.

EDIT: Whoops. Didn't see the other topic. Lock and Delete...

Archived