Brewer Fanatic

Uecker's call of McGehee's home run

NYChez
I was listening live while running errands. Love that station out of River Falls.

Me too. Living in MN it's the only chance I have to get any Brewers coverage besides Gameday.

What a great call by Ueck. His is probably the only voice I've heard consistently from the age of six all the way to today.

is there anywhere online that has past game audio of big games archived? I'd love to listen to some of his calls from '82 and '87.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

MNBrew wrote:

I was listening live while running errands. Love that station out of River Falls.

Dude, what station is that? Can you get it in Mpls.?

WEVR FM 106.3
And if I remember right there was also an AM station out of RF... 1550 maybe?

The Best Fans in Minnesota and Wisconsin listen to WEVR! I loved that station when I went to school there.

MPSouth,

I am not sure about anwhere that has games from '82 or '87 archived, but if you are a fan of Uecker, I would highly recommend the Baseball Voices CD of Bob Uecker. It can be purchased at the link below for $14.95 and includes free shipping.

http://www.baseballvoices.com/html/bob_uecker.html

On the CD are many of the classic Uecker calls from 1987 (the last three outs of the Nieves no-hitter, both the Deer and Svuem home runs from Easter Sunday, several calls from Molitor's hitting streak) as well as stuff from 1982. It has his call of Robin's 3000th hit, highlights of his classic HOF induction speech, lines from Major League, Miller Lite commercials, and other classic exchanges that long-time Brewer fans will no doubt remember ("Hey Myrtle, you just won yourself a thouasnd bucks!", Jean Jacque Smythe, etc.). It is narrated by Bob's long-time broadcast partner, Pat Hughes, which makes it even better. It was well worth the $15 I spent on it.

MNBrew wrote:

Dude, what station is that? Can you get it in Mpls.?

You can usually get in the car in Minneapolis but I never had much luck inside houses. Usually it comes in pretty perfrect until about Highway 280 and then it gets a little sketchy. I live in Maplewood and it comes in well enough to listen to while I run on a walkman.

i get wevr fm 106.3 in my house in south minneapolis and i live west of 35w. if i wasn't using a c. crane company radio, there's no way i'd pull in the signal.

if i recall correctly, am 1500 ceases broadcasting at some point early in the night hours, forcing you to switch to the fm dial.

Archived