Brewer Fanatic

Uecker's call of McGehee's home run

NYChez

Yep. As we first heard the recap on the car radio on the way out of the park, I realized that this one would be worth downloading.

I often have my Walkman on during cubs games, in an attempt to drown out the visiting fans. I had it on during that play yesterday and heard the beginning of Bob's call, but then things around us got pretty loud. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif One of these days, when we are in our loge seats, I'm going to try to remember to turn around and see for myself how Bob is reacting to a big hit. Usually I'm distracted, though.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was hoping this would be out there somewhere. I was at the park with my kids (one with a playground and swings, not the park). I was checking in once in a while on gameday, but then on the walk home, I heard the bottom of the 8th and top of the 9th. Never has a cel phone speakerphone sounded so good.

My first thought was also Easter Sunday.

That was good stuff from Ueck there. I really want another playoff run, just to here all of the golden calls he'll have. There would be nothing better than a World Series winning call though.

My only fear.... That might kill him.. right there in the booth.... But hey... what better way to go....

You knew me as Myday2001.

Almost every time I hear Ueck call a Brewers homerun I get goosebumps. I love how excited he gets. The Braun homerun in 2008 is probably my favorite Uecker moment.
That is the ringtone on my cellphone. I was only 4 months old in October 1982, so I obviously don't remember anything from that season but Ueck's call absolutely gives me goosebumps every time when I think about how 26 years of disappointment being a Brewers fan were washed away in that one moment. Brought me to tears that day and at the right moments even now can get me going.

We have no idea how fortunate we are to have one of the best announcers - if not arguably the best overall in terms of entertaining the fans - in the history of baseball.

Not quite as special as Easter Sunday 1987, but really, really good.

Shortly after the HR itself, when Uecker basically re-capped the event right after it happened (radio commentary in lieu of instant video replay, before the next batter hit), he did correct himself and clarify that the score was 6-5, not 6-4.

I was listening live while running errands. Love that station out of River Falls.

On the bus ride to work today, I was listening to the whole game recap again, and realized how much I enjoy the way Bob booms out "FIEEEL-der!" after a Prince home run...along with enjoying the instant epicness of his call of Casey's blast.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

He and Scully are quite different stylistically, but yes, both are great.
Living in Southern California and having XM and the MLB Audio package so I can listen to Ueck, I have to say that listening to Ueck is so much better than listening to Scully. I love the stories Scully tells and all the information he brings, but the man never stops talking to allow the moment to build. I know I get frustrated by Ueck sometimes when I don't know what the heck is going on and all of a sudden it's 0-2 on Prince, but Scully just talks through some critical moments when silence would be best.

I do enjoy Scully immensely. However, when I am done listening to the Dodger game, I just want to go listen to instrumental music, sit in the library or go to sleep so I don't have to hear anymore talking. I'm just so worn out.

Archived