Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-10 Cubs (Coleman) at Brewers (Gallardo) - 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

Does Runnin' Ron know you can double switch?

It really seemed like there was a perfect opportunity to when he brought Mitre in (so he could've saved Green).

I'm just a bit baffled. I don't think he's done it yet this year, and this seems like a team built to do it -- between Betancourt/Counsell and our plethora of OF's.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First, great win. It was nice having someone who can hit available off the bench for hard to lose a game when you hit 3, 2 run HRS. Am I the only one thinking that all these HRs are really getting in the way of Roenicke's small ball approach?

I think all the extra base hits are. Really Weeks, Gomez, Braun and Morgan are the only guys with speed. Weeks and Braun keep getting extra base hits. Gomez can't get on base. Kotsay plays instead of Morgan.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

This was the first game I was able to watch this season (albeit with Bob Brenly's anti-Brewers commentary), and I sure wasn't disappointed. This was one of those classic wins against a bitter rival that you remember for a little while, at least until the next series.

It's nice to 5-5, but Roenicke's lineup construction has been pretty brutal up to this point. Kotsay hitting 5th? Morgan on the bench against a RHP? Gomez hitting second? C'mon man.

it seemed to be more Brewer fans than Cubs fans today though the Cub's fans dominated the lower level expensive seats.
Yeah. I give an anti-shoutout to the season ticket holders in 217 who sold out to cubs fans today. Though to prove I'm not a blind homer, I also give an anti-shoutout to the subset of Brewers fans who decided to wear their rudest cub shirts to this game. I'm not sure the answer to invading cubs fans is to dress down to their level. Fortunately, the silent majority had reason to get loud by the end of the 8th.

Good thing Casey pwns the Cubs, because Yovani certainly didn't this time. It was terrific weather - the storms even held off - and I am looking forward to 70s and 80s highs returning to the norm.

Yuni B has still only hit in games we've attended, and we can't go on this road trip; so the next week-plus might be tougher on the Crew.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

You guess on 3-2 and don't get fastball? Ugh

Why McGehee over Morgan?

Uhhhh.... Stevo... Also read your post criticizing Betancourt before his game tying walk... But keep commenting every AB. It seems to help.

That wasn't a good AB--it just resulted in a walk. He swung at a ball a foot outside, and the only reason he walked is because the 3-2 pitch was even further outside.

Great day at the park! Roof open, my son got autographs from Axford, Loe, Estrada, Narveson, & Greinke and a great finish from Casey.

Only downside was the fact that there appears to be a new camera worker near us, so my kids didn't get on the scoreboard today. Sorry Hawing, hopefully the new guy gets his act together for Easter Sunday. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I'm not going to lie; I was mildly surprised to not see bensheeps' kids on the videoboard. They also didn't peek over when a foul ball landed a few rows away from us. I suppose it's still spring-training for the fan experience. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

McGehee has looked like he's needed a day off lately, but with this lineup I'd be surprised if we see anything productive out of 5-9. Definitely seems like one of those days where Yo might have to drive in a run for himself. At least with Morgan and McGehee on the bench they should have some nice pinch hit options in the late innings?
crewcrazy ftw!
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I was at the game and at first also questioned the McGehee over Morgan decision, particularly with a man in scoring position, but upon further thinking (and yes, before the HR) I felt that Roenicke probably would've pinch-hit for Gomez in the 9th with Morgan if the Brewers were still losing or the game tied. In that case, getting a power bat in there in the 8th and your best 4 batters against a RHP in the 9th seemed entirely appropriate to me.
I am not Shea Vucinich

Archived