Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-08 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Wolf); [Brewers lose, 7-4]

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will stop after this but it's really frustrating to see the kind of players the Brewers have hitched their wagon to this year. You are NOT going to have superstars at each position but we've chosen some terrible players to fill in the gaps.

Maybe RR and Melvin shouldn't have sat down and kissed Gomez' butt for no apparent reason when they acquired Nyjer. As if he's Babe Ruth Jr. guaranteeing him his playing time and non-platoon situation. A 2-hole hitter with a .250ish OBP is pathetic (small sample size I know, but look at his career OBP).

We would of won if we PH Counsell I think
I was annoyed to see him get pulled back but to say that when the Brewers lost by 3 runs is pretty crazy.
Agreed. He probably would've hit 2-3 booming foul balls that he gets way out in front of and then struck out whiffing on an outside slider.

Wish that we could have picked up Branyan for at bats like the one Kotsay just blew right there.
But Branyan isn't a veteran leader! And he can't play brilliant outfield defense! And he can't pinch hit! He just doesn't have that Mark Kotsay versatility!

i'm not a fan of jeff baker facing a lefty in all of his at bats tonight. On his last two he drove in the cubs' 6th and then scored their 7th run. I don't agree with leaving Wolf in to face him again in the sixth, but i guess i kind of understand trying to let Wolf get through the 6th. I think a lot of managers would have done the same....like i said I disagree with it, but i get it (kind of). But leaving Braddock in to face him to lead off the ninth was a mistake. Should have just given that inning to Mitre.

I want t o burn one of my warnings so bad. We play like a steaming pile against the Cubs.
Wait till we play the Twins. Its worse against them.

With that being said, our bullpen and defense will really cost this team some games this year. (Not like that's breaking news or anything)

Our Bullpen has been just fine when used properly on the season. It will also get some help when our 2 bullpen arms on the DL come back as well as when our 2 offensive starters and our 2nd or 1st best pitcher returns. We have to keep in mind our team is playing at about 75% personnel wise right now so as long as we can stick around .500 it is a good thing. Hopefully we take the next 2 and reach that .500.

I will stop after this but it's really frustrating to see the kind of players the Brewers have hitched their wagon to this year. You are NOT going to have superstars at each position but we've chosen some terrible players to fill in the gaps.

This pretty much sums up my frustration as well...this team could be better with just a few cheap replacements for some horrible players. It wouldn't have helped tonight...Wolf is still a legit starter and no one would pull Rickie or Braun for bad D, it's just part of their package...but throwing Yuni out there everyday and relying on Kotsay is just raising the white flag. At least they seeto have found something in Tony Plush.

Despite the vent (always a little emotional after a loss to the evil ones)...I still think we win the series and are 5-5 heading on the road.

Not too optimistic about our pitching matchup tomorrow with Narveson vs. Garza. They had the advantage today as well. Sunday we have a far greater advantage with Yo. But based on face value projections, our odds are to lose this series 1-2.

Narveson vs Garza is not a huge mismatch and we have home field advantage which should offset it. Tonight was the game I figured we'd lose, tomorrow is the one that I figure will decide the series, if we lose Sunday it is just painful but we have a huge advantage that day.

Was at the game tonight, and words can't describe how pissed I was when they pulled back Counsell and went with Kotsay. I said to my dad right then, "oh great here comes our power hitter without power, he's gonna strikeout." Sure enough he strikes out, and then Gomez strikes out to prove me right also. After Kottaras works a nice walk, all we do is sit there and swing at crap. It was pathetic. I hate Kotsay, and I hate Gomez.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived