Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-08 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Wolf); [Brewers lose, 7-4]

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, let's avoid sharing ways to circumvent blackout rules. They stink, but Brewerfan getting a cease and desist order would stink more.

Sorry, not looking for anything illegal, just hoping there might be an alternative to the lame-duck Bucks somewhere!

I am not Shea Vucinich

anybody else on Gameday Audio having trouble getting the WTMJ feed?

Never mind. Just popped up as I typed this.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Guys, let's avoid sharing ways to circumvent blackout rules. They stink, but Brewerfan getting a cease and desist order would stink more.

Sorry, not looking for anything illegal, just hoping there might be an alternative to the lame-duck Bucks somewhere!

No worries. You were asking a legitimate question... I just had to hide some less than legitimate replies.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

This doesn't really fall on the MLB blackout rules. It falls on the Brewers not taking steps to make sure the game is seen in their own market. Don't get me wrong: the blackout rules are insane and outdated. But if the Brewers wanted to figure out a way to make sure the game was available to fans outside of Milwaukee, they coudl get it done (provided the content providers played along).

I'm getting the game on Comcast Sportsnet on DirecTV 666-1. I'm in Wisconsin. I also have the MLB Package and the Regional Sports Network package. Not sure if it works for people without those packages but usually the games would be blacked out anyway.

Anybody see the Cubs/Brewers fans ratio? It sounds like at least 40% Cubs fans, but it may well be less, given that the fans who aren't committed enough to sit out in the cold at Wrigley are epicly obnoxious. It is a bit funny that they can't bring out 20K (true attendance, not stated) to these early games but can bring them to Miller Park in droves.

Anybody see the Cubs/Brewers fans ratio? It sounds like at least 40% Cubs fans, but it may well be less, given that the fans who aren't committed enough to sit out in the cold at Wrigley are epicly obnoxious. It is a bit funny that they can't bring out 20K (true attendance, not stated) to these early games but can bring them to Miller Park in droves.
Looks like plenty of seats available, maybe like 30,000 atten. I'm guessing.

So far Cubs fans and Brewer fans haven't had much to cheer for, so hard to tell.

On TV it looks 80%+ Brewers fans from the few crowd shots. Game is also not sold out but crowd is in the 35,000-38,000 range.
Good to hear. After hearing Wolf strike out Soriano, I realized it was probably more like 75-80%

GET UP, GET OUTTA HERE, THERE IT IS!!!

Looks like plenty of seats available, maybe like 30,000 atten. I'm guessing.

So far Cubs fans and Brewer fans haven't had much to cheer for, so hard to tell.

Prince goes deep as I type this :-)

Archived