Brewer Fanatic

Is Corey Hart soft?

bobskube
I understand these may be completely different injuries and are different sports, but didn't Shaq have an oblique injury and I believe he was never 100% until the off-season. These things are like hammy pulls. You never truely know when you're going to be ready to go. I'd rather have him miss all of April than get back in there now and re-injure it and be out all of May also. And no, I'm not a doctor, I just play one on the interweb.
Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

Crew2323 wrote:

I don't see Greinke and Hart's injuries as similar at all. One had a broken bone, the other has a muscle strain/tear. The broken bone is easier to determine the length of time a player will be out whereas a muscle strain/tear is more difficult to determine the length of time a player will be out. Greinke simply had to wait for the bone to heal until he could resume throwing and building up his arm strength. The time frame was pretty clear on that injury. Hart, however, has to be cautious in his approach so that he doesn't aggravate his injury. He's at the mercy of his muscle, and until it fully heals--which no one knows when that will be--he cannot resume full baseball activities.

So you have one player with an injury that is fairly easy to project, as far as his timetable goes. You have another player with an injury that has an uncertain timetable. That's the likely cause of frustration among fans. We want Hart to be back, but no one knows when his muscle will be fully healed, not us, not Hart, not the doctors. These injuries really aren't similar. In fact, they're actually quite different.

Phrasing. I agree. Muscle injuries in general are tough to prove something is actually injured and are hard to tell how long they will take to heal. We really don't have a lot of details on it either.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

This Thread sounds way to similar to Chicago Bears fans jumping all over Jay Cutler. So at the risk of sounding like Lovie Smith, if you want to blame somebody, Blame the Medical staff and Melvin/Roenicke. The Medical staff have taken a very cautious approach with both Hart and Greinke as far as their rehab, and I believe that is the correct way to go about it. I sure if it were up to the players, Hart would be swinging a bat weeks ago and Greinke would be pitching by now. But by waiting for them to heal 100% before allowing them to proceed with baseball activity, it lessens the possibility of Hart messing up his swing or Greinke's mechanics as they try to compensate for their injury.

Some organization rush players back from injury, I think the Brewers have done this in the past and learned it's better to take this cautious approach.

Just for clarification:

Russell Branyan > Tony Plush's plushness > Corey Hart's toughness > Mat Gamel's toughness > Jay Cutler's toughness > Adam Wainwright's toughness > Ned Yost

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think Corey Hart is soft. I like the harder stuff like Metallica or Rage Against the Machine.

Until I hear otherwise from a reliable source, I do not think someone is soft because of injury. Maybe the Brewers knew Hart would be out this long? Maybe they were mum to get a better deal for Plush? Maybe there were some setbacks that the Brewers just decided to not announce? There is too little information to make these kinds of conclusions.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Just for clarification:

Russell Branyan > Tony Plush's plushness > Phil Garner's Scrap Ironness > Corey Hart's toughness > Mat Gamel's toughness > Jay Cutler's toughness > Adam Wainwright's toughness > Ned Yost

FYP

I think Corey Hart is soft. I like the harder stuff like Metallica or Rage Against the Machine.

I agree, that country-boy garbage has to go.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

This is ridiculous. What do people have against Corey Hart? Greinke and Hart both have similar injuries, why does Greinke get a free pass for taking 2 months to recover and Hart doesn't? Rib injuries take 2 months.
Greinke could play now if he was a position player. Has to take full course of therapy to get back as a starting pitcher. No comparison.

I had same problem with JJ and Hall and I got ripped for it on here too. I'm used to it.

We should feel lucky you give us your medical opinions? You didn't even know Hart's appendix had ruptured.

Questioning a guy's toughness is just lame imo.

Sorry, I am not a MD. I could be wrong on this completely. Or...I could be right. We will really never know.

I could be wrong on this completely. Or...I could be right. We will really never know.

Then why are we even talking about this?

It's strictly opinion. By the way, when does this injury become fishy to the rest of you? 2 months? Just curious.

I could be totally wrong about this and will admit it once Hart is back and playing like 2010. I've been wrong before and will be wrong again.

Just to throw another example out there...

Didn't Giants closer Brian Wilson also strain an oblique? He's back in the majors already suffering his strain on March 19th. Hart's original strain came on February 26th. He re-aggravated it on March 5th. At the minimum, Wilson's injury came a full 2 weeks after Hart's final tweak yet he's back at full go.

And he's performed terribly.

The Brewers are being conservative because obliques are easily re-aggravated and it's April. There's really no need to rush him back and risk further injury.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I think the Brewers want to avoid a Andrew Bogut type of a deal. The Bucks and Andrew Bogut clearly rushed his return for the start of the season.. Bogut was never the same this season, and even admitted he returned too early. Can't blame the organization for being cautious.. We're holding up offensively enough right now.

I could be wrong on this completely. Or...I could be right. We will really never know.

Then why are we even talking about this?

It's strictly opinion. By the way, when does this injury become fishy to the rest of you?

As already noted, what in the world would the motivation be?

Is this thread stupid?

It's a matter of opinion, we'll never know...

Article about Hart returning ~April 22.

[Hart] tried acupuncture earlier in the season-opening homestand...switched to a more powerful anti-inflammatory drug and quit swinging and throwing for five full days. When Hart resumed baseball activity on Saturday, he felt markedly better.

If anything, Hart wasn't soft enough. He was trying to get back, and that was what might have been prolonging the injury. If he had just shut down right away, he might have been ready by now. Or it might have just taken this long to heal. Or only acupuncture could cure it. I'm confident in saying this was not a sign of softness.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived