Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-07 Braves at Brewers - [Brewers win, 4-2; WSSP Post-Game Audio now available at tail end of thread]

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the bit of Roenicke press conference that was just played on the radio, a reporter asked about the "Nyjer Morgan Experience." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
The Nyjer Morgan Experience is on Homer's show on espnmilwaukee.com right now, and it's delightful.

That goes against the rules though. I was always told, you cannot give yourself a nickname. It has to come from someone else. I don't make the rules, I just live by them.
It is not a nickname, it is another person. For example, when he is on the ball field or ice rink he is a bad mother who doesn't back down from anyone including catchers who weigh 100 lbs more than him. When he is accompanying a fashionable young debutant to the opera, tasting wine, hunting foxes or playing bridge he becomes the charming chap Tony Plush.
He just told Homer that Tony Plush is the hard-working on the field personality and Nyjer is the off-the-field businessman.

Haha, great stuff from the in-game today! Love the Meat-tray.

Love the competiveness from Marcum. Love the hustle and toughness of T Plush. Pumped Axe got two in a row! By the way how'd he look (if anyone was able to see him throw)?

Man 3 of 4 against the Braves is pretty amazing! Sitting in a good spot right now and I just feel like they are starting to play lose now. They seem to have the swagger back that they lost for a few games. They are playing tough and I love it!

Let's get the Cubbies!

Very nice game today. Observations:

1) Marcum looked good. Excellent movement on his pitches. Obviously the walk to the rookie 8-hole hitter was dubious, but stuff happens sometimes. The Braves barely ever put good wood on the ball - too bad one of the dinks got through the infield for 2 runs.

2) Casey is obviously struggling. Can't seem to see the outside corner breaker - keeps missing or hitting it off the end of the bat. He'll be fine in the long run.

3) Nyjer being Nyjer.

4) Axford is looking better, but there's something that's worrying me a little about him so far. I think he's been finding too much of the plate when he throws strikes. Most of his fastballs in the strike zone seem very hittable. But hey, he's saved two in a row, so that's cool with me.

5) Rickie starting to struggle with the low outside breaking ball like he has done in the past. No worries, though.

I was at the game today. I really wanted to try the poutine with cheese curds. It's only available at two locations in the stadium. You can get it in the club level if you have a club ticket or its available at the Pommes Frites concession stand in section 129. Too bad the Pommes Frites stand was not open today. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
That lineup confused me. Most of the mistake was Morgan's placement. Not only did Morgan appear in the bottom of the order but RRR stacked lefties in the bottom of the order.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived