Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-07 Braves at Brewers - [Brewers win, 4-2; WSSP Post-Game Audio now available at tail end of thread]

April 7 - 12:40 P.M.

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/braves.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/brewers.jpg

3-3

2-4

Pitching Matchup

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/braves/hanson-01.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/brewers/marcum-02.jpg

Tommy Hanson

0-1 | 7.36

Brewers vs. Hanson
Hanson Game Log

Shaun Marcum

0-1 | 5.79

Braves vs. Marcum
Marcum Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. Martin Prado 3B
  2. Nate McLouth CF
  3. Brian McCann C
  4. Dan Uggla 2B
  5. Jason Heyward RF
  6. Alex Gonzalez SS
  7. Freddie Freeman 1B
  8. Matt Young CF
  9. Tommy Hanson RHP

1. Rickie Weeks 2B
  2. Carlos Gomez RF
  3. Ryan Braun LF
  4. Prince Fielder 1B
  5. Casey McGehee 3B
  6. Yuniesky Betancourt SS
  7. Nyjer Morgan CF
  8. George Kottaras C
  9. Shaun Marcum RHP

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-mlbtv.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay 2010 | ESPN GameCast
Sportsline GameCenter | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our 6-7-8 may actually be better than their 6-7-8 (at least until Freddie Freeman starts to hit like he will). Wow.

I'm glad that Heyward is still batting too far down in their order, although I wish he were still sixth. Keep taking at-bats away from your best hitter, Fredi.

I love the intensity behind the plate that nieves demonstrates. It's like he's putting on a show for all of us back there. I think lucroy's bat is going to surprise people this year. As much as I agree that tony plush should be hitting 2, I think RR did the right thing this early in the season. Cargo needs some confidence.

It looks like they're not televising many weekday day games, as they have done the past few seasons.
Hop on a plane and join me down here in Atlanta. I'll be watching the local broadcast.

As for Gomez batting 2nd, I think RR was perfectly reasonable when he said, "It's way too early to change that. I know he got out of what he was

doing in spring training for a couple of days. We'll see what happens.

I'm not saying I'm going to stay with 'Gomey' second all year."

I'd prefer Morgan, too, but the coaching staff obviously liked what Gomez was doing in ST, so they want to give him a chance to find that again. Plus, RR probably wants to make sure he gets a good look at him (in regular season game situations, not just ST or practice), so he can make a proper evaluation.

Also...Gomey? Hi Ned!

C'mon Crew - let's take this series! C'mon Marcum - pitch like I know you can after getting that first start in a new uniform out of the way!!

EDIT: Wonderful, Phil Cuzzi is behind the dish. He's brutal. Just what we need with Marcum on the mound trying to hit his spots. Maybe RRR will get run today. That would be kind of fun to see with how likable of a guy he is.

I just realized that this game isn't on tv either, and tomorrow is on WMLW because for some reason FSN thinks people like the Bucks. So that's two straight games that I'm going to miss. Well, the only game this year that I missed was their first win, so maybe it's not all bad. Should win these next two.

I'd prefer Morgan in the two-hole as well, but like dlk9s said I don't really have a problem with Roenicke continuing to give him a chance out there if that's what he wants to do. 6 games is a small sample size (i know gomez's career has been much longer and equally unsuccessful...but Roenicke liked what he saw in the spring, so he can keep giving him a chance). He did go 1-3 with a walk last night...i know that last at bat in the 8th is going to be what everyone remembers, but getting on base twice is progress.

I just realized that this game isn't on tv either, and tomorrow is on WMLW because for some reason FSN thinks people like the Bucks. So that's two straight games that I'm going to miss. Well, the only game this year that I missed was their first win, so maybe it's not all bad. Should win these next two.
With the bucks, i think it's just the way the contracts are written up. they get FSN priority. I dont remember when those were signed...but i bet people were more interested in the bucks back then. i could be wrong though.

If you want to watch, give www.ilemi.tv a try. Picture's not great and it can lag...but it's better than nothing.

Archived