Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Games of Thursday 4/7 -- Play Ball!

Brewer Fanatic Staff

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Welcome back to Link Report season, everyone!

If you've been with us in previous seasons, you know the drill. If you're new, welcome, we're very glad to have you.

Here's a quick Link Report primer -- in other words, ways that you can help us out and take part.

We welcome your comments within the Link Reports, but please try to be insightful or ask worthwhile questions. The Link Report is not an "In-Game-Thread". We realize there will be some congratulatory "in-game type" posts (maybe after a grand slam, or seven shutout innings, etc.). We know early in the season, especially here on Opening Night, we'll probably see a few more posts than usual, simply from the excitement of a new season.

We fully expect and look forward to the comments from our Link Report regular commentators, please come back for another season. At the same time, newcomers are welcome to jump in. And as always, if you've attended a game in Grand Chute (Appleton) or anywhere in the system, please, please, pass along your insights, photos, etc.

In terms of game content, we expect the Link Report to be available to you with the Daily Menu by mid-afternoon each day. Our goal, although there will be a stray evening when we don't quite make it, is to have linked to all the game summaries, box scores, and game logs, before we "go to bed" for the night (so within a few hours of the games concluding). Importantly, we fully expect to have the next-day newspaper reports linked for you by the time you get up in the AM (or at least by the time you get to your office to read it there).

Sessile Fielder (the Link Reporter formerly known as battlekow) will be here to take care of the majority of your evening updates. There were other key posters here who really bailed us out last season (the Crew07 in particular), and we'll let you know if we ever need to recruit a "guest Link Reporter" from time to time. We'll even recruit old friend colbyjack occasionally.

For the most part, you'll see my posts to set things up and then in the AM with media reports, with Sessile providing evening recap and commentary with TC07's assistance.

Here's to an awesome Link Report season! Health and productivity to all the young men, and wins for all the local fans in the seats!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Yes, all of our normal updates for you will be here by lunch time or so.

But we wanted to point out that Opening Night for Wisconsin is also a TV night, so here is your DVR reminder, especially convenient with the big league Crew playing a matinee.

Time Warner Cable Sports Channel 32 for subscribers in the state of Wisconsin. Game time is 6:35 PM.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Thursday's Daily Menu:

Times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Nashville: RHP Amaury Rivas at home vs. New Orleans (Marlins), 6:50 PM pre-game; 7:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

iPad/iPhone: Listen

Huntsville: RHP Wily Peralta at Jacksonville (Marlins), 6:05 PM gametime

Live Audio Link (Jacksonville feed)

Brevard County: RHP Kyle Heckathorn at home vs. Daytona (Cubs), 6:05 PM gametime

Live Audio Link (Daytona feed)

Wisconsin: RHP Austin Ross at home vs. Kane County (Royals), 6:20 PM pre-game; 6:35 gametime

Live Audio Link

Also on TV, details in earlier post above

it's always an awesome job that you guys do with this. I know I say this every year but I look forward to reading this stuff every day! (Every year I start losing interest shortly after the draft. I think it's because summer break for us teachers takes hold of me and I lose my focus of checking the site every day.)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My favorite site feature. Thanks in advance!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Staff

MLB.TV subscribers should now have an offer code in your Inbox that provides a $20 discount for season-long MiLB.TV (the minor league version).

That's just $10 for the season. It should get you lots of Nashville road games and perhaps some home games down the road as well. The video archives, like MLB.TV, which is nice as well.

It appears a few other outposts have it available (like Great Lakes in the Midwest League), so hopefully there are other opportunities for us to watch the kids before season's end.

Huntsville opening up against Jacksonville for the first time since 2003, first time IN Jacksonville since 1999, the Stars first season as a Brewer affiliate.

The lineup:
Haydel, cf

Miranda, 2b

Lucroy, c
Green, 3b
Halton, 1b
Jones, lf
Caufield, rf
Sanchez, ss
Peralta, p.

Back-to-back doubles by Taylor Green and Sean Halton followed one out walks to Miranda and Lucroy. Stars lead 3-0 in the top of the 2nd.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Hi David, good to see you here. Yes, Wily Peralta has retired his first six -- here's the gameday. We appreciate your enthusiasm on this Opening Night, but not sure we want to set a precedent with individual game threads. Hope you understand. Plenty of room for analysis in today's Link Report.

You did a wonderful job with your former site, the now-retired starsboxscore.com, and we would welcome with open arms a similar contribution if you chose to chime in directly in the Link Report as often as you'd wish. Hope you choose to do so, especially with first-hand insights once the Stars return home. Your historical and current insights would be appreciated, absolutely.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

The Manatees with the first "don't score after loading the bases with none out" of the year --

Brevard County Bottom of the 6th

• Ryan Gennett reaches on fielding error by pitcher Robert Whitenack.
  • Kentrail Davis doubles (1) on a ground ball to right fielder Nelson Perez. Ryan Gennett to 3rd.
  • Hunter Morris reaches on fielding error by third baseman Matthew Cerda.
  • Khristopher Davis strikes out swinging.
  • Brock Kjeldgaard grounds into double play, first baseman Justin Bour to catcher Michael Brenly to first baseman Justin Bour. Ryan Gennett out at home.

Of course, the 'Tees then immediately surrendered the lead in the following half-inning.

But yes, it's been a positive night so far for sure.

Archived