Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-06 Braves (Minor) at Brewers (Estrada) - [Brewers win, 5-4]

April 6 - 7:10 P.M.

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/braves.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/brewers.jpg

3-2

1-4

Pitching Matchup

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/braves/minor-01.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/brewers/estrada-01.jpg

Mike Minor

0-0 | 0.00

Brewers vs. Minor
Minor Game Log

Marco Estrada

0-0 | 0.00

Braves vs. Estrada
Estrada Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. LF Martin Prado
  2. 1B Freddie Freeman
  3. 3B Chipper Jones
  4. C Brian McCann
  5. 2B Dan Uggla
  6. RF Jason Heyward
  7. SS Alex Gonzalez
  8. CF Matt Young
  9. LHP Mike Minor

1. Rickie Weeks 2B
  2. Carlos Gomez CF
  3. Ryan Braun LF
  4. Prince Fielder 1B
  5. Casey McGehee 3B
  6. Erick Almonte RF
  7. Yuniesky Betancourt SS
  8. Wil Nieves C
  9. Marco Estrada RHP

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-fsn.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay 2010 | ESPN GameCast
Sportsline GameCenter | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this lineup against a lefty leaves very much to be desired. Maybe Gomez will have one of his fluke "good" games. The thought of Nieves catching really makes me shudder. Lucroy can't come back soon enough.

This is one that on paper definitely looks like a loss. Maybe we'll steal one.

Community Moderator

The Brewers are very vulnerable against lefties right now, but they should be very good against lefties when Hart and Lucroy are back.

Sooner or later the offense will wake up. Maybe Fielder can drop down a bunt if they keep putting that shift on, he's grounded into it several times already this year.

Is Estrada still wearing #15? Maybe he can channel Ben Sheets and strike out 18 Braves tonight.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Minor appears to be someone we would have crushed last year. Here's to hoping Prince can get on track against this guy. I'm already going through Captain Morgan withdrawal, he certainly put on a show for us yesterday! Go Brewers!

Ya I'm ok with YB in there (and I think he needs to be to keep CC fresh as long as possible). He had a multiple hit game last time (got to look at the positives). Who should we have batting 2nd when we play a lefty? I'm really not liking Gomez in there right now. I didn't think I'd be turned off to him this early but it's just been so ugly.

Gomez is due for a hit or two, I think he'll do a few good things in this game. I'm OK with this lineup. Morgan really shouldn't start vs Lefties very often, his splits show he struggle vs lefties. Nieves, yeah, agreed, he's brutal at the plate but at least he'll give us good defense. Optimistic about Almonte

Hart & Lucroy being out really make this a tough lineup vs left-handers

The thought of Nieves catching really makes me shudder. Lucroy can't come back soon enough.
Yeah, but Nieves is batting 1.000 vs Minor though...

You are also willfully neglecting to mention the 2500 OPS !

There is so much negativity already all over this site and wonder why these people watch or pay attention to the brewers. I enjoy the brewers and hope for the best. I am excited about the pitchers we got and hopeful for this team. But all that is ever discussed is how bad Gomez, Betancourt, Nieves, and Kotsay are. Weeks was talked about like this just a couple years ago. But every teams has holes and we have a couple more because of injuries. Deal with it and enjoy the game already and lets get people healthy before we get so worked up. This doom and gloom everyday has to be tough way to watch this team.

There is so much negativity already all over this site and wonder why these people watch or pay attention to the brewers. I enjoy the brewers and hope for the best. I am excited about the pitchers we got and hopeful for this team. But all that is ever discussed is how bad Gomez, Betancourt, Nieves, and Kotsay are. Weeks was talked about like this just a couple years ago. But every teams has holes and we have a couple more because of injuries. Deal with it and enjoy the game already and lets get people healthy before we get so worked up. This doom and gloom everyday has to be tough way to watch this team.
There has not been a whole lot of reasons to be positive so far this season. "These people" (To whom are you referring?) enjoy the Brewers, hope for the best, and are excited about the pitchers too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing the positives and negatives of this club. This would be a boring and overly homerish board if only the positives were discussed.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

JJ, I agree. Most people here are positive or seem like good people but really like to break things down. I do agree at times things get played out and talked about way too much. But then again some if it is said tounge and cheek, which if not highlighted in blue, might not be recognized. For the most part I really do look for the positives in a player but I do have to discuss my frustations about them as well!

Really interested to see how this game goes tonight. Hoping Carne Estrada aka C.H.I.P.S does well tonight!

I am not referring to anyone in particular. There is much more negative comments even when they are winning. No team has a full lineup of great hitters or pitchers and especially the brewers with limited money. I am much happier with good pitching and some suspect hitters. We will see how it all shakes out but at least the pitching can usually keep you in games. Hope Estrada can do that tonight.

jjkoestler wrote:

There has not been a whole lot of reasons to be positive so far this season. "These people" (To whom are you referring?) enjoy the Brewers, hope for the best, and are excited about the pitchers too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing the positives and negatives of this club. This would be a boring and overly homerish board if only the positives were discussed.

Fyi, I scored upgraded seats for today. I'n in Friday's against the rail just about behind Braun. It's kind of wierd here in left field.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Braun needs to get back to his lefty mashing ways. I miss 2009 Ryan Braun.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived