Brewer Fanatic

Estrada's contract purchased; Kintzler optioned to AAA; Merklinger DFA'd to clear 40-man spot for Estrada

battlekow

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmm...no 40 man spot cleared yet. Not sure any will be candidates for 60-day DL. If it were up to me, I'd release Kotsay and demote Gomez to 4th OF (5th when Hart returns). I wouldn't have felt it important to send Kintzler down. Kotsay just hasn't shown much at all.

Parra and Hart are both outside candidates for the 60-day DL, though I hope neither end up there. My guess is Parra to the 60-day or a Maldonado DFA.
Parra is throwing off a mound tomorrow. It won't take him much longer to get back. Maybe a week or two tops.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Anyone considered that we might be throwing everyone off and recalling someone other than Estrada? I doubt it would happen, but never know.

Ah, so that's why Arnett wasn't placed on a minor league full season roster

Anyone considered that we might be throwing everyone off and recalling someone other than Estrada? I doubt it would happen, but never know.

Ah, so that's why Arnett wasn't placed on a minor league full season roster

I knew that happened for a reason. Why didn't I think of that sooner?

It is a smart move by the Brewers to wait until the last minute to announce their starter, so the Braves don't have much time to prepare. Although, there's only so much you can do to hide it. The Braves could've waited to announce Mike Minor as their starter for tomorrow, but everyone knew it would be him anyway.

Parra and Hart are both outside candidates for the 60-day DL, though I hope neither end up there. My guess is Parra to the 60-day or a Maldonado DFA.

Edit: I also suppose, again an outside shot, that the Brewers could activate Lucroy and DFA Kottaras.

But then they wouldn't need to send down Kintzler. So its either a DL move or DFA Moldonado or perhaps James. Am i the only one hoping of those options its DFAing James?

Edit: I also suppose, again an outside shot, that the Brewers could activate Lucroy and DFA Kottaras.

But then they wouldn't need to send down Kintzler. So its either a DL move or DFA Moldonado or perhaps James. Am i the only one hoping of those options its DFAing James?

Yeah, I really don't wanna see Maldonado get DFA'd. We really need him in AAA for catching depth. I have no idea what they are planning on doing at this point. I still don't get their thinking with this move. Our bullpen is fully rested with Gallardo pitching a complete game, and Mitre is capable of going at least 4 innings. I would've just went with Mitre.

I would think Maldanado clears waivers easily especially this time of year when most teams rosters are full. He also can't refuse an assignment so I think the chances of losing him are slim.

Any chance Kintzler had of staying around (and he really had very little) were eliminated with his shaky outing Sunday. He made the team as the designated "option out" guy.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Wily Peralta anyone? Wouldn't mind having a young stud throwing 93-95 with electric breaking stuff following Gallardo. Hopefully Dougie gives him the call.

No one seems to be talking about it, but with Yo pitching the full 9 innings, they could call up Peralta and cover him with the BP if he falters. But I can only see that happening if they feel "trapped" by the 40-man roster right now.

Archived