Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-05 Braves at Brewers - [Brewers WIN, 1-0 / Gallardo CGSO]; Check out post-game audio at tail end of thread

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McCalvy just tweeted Kintzler was optioned to AAA after tonight's game, so it might not be Mitre after all.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I wish the Brewers hadn't changed their website. I can no longer find a "future starting pitcher matchup" area anywhere. BA made it sound like it was going to be Mitre due to the fact that the bullpen wasn't needed tonight but that's not a sure thing, obviously.

Big thanks to Yovani Gallardo tonight. Brewer Nation badly needed that.

Congrats to Ron Roenicke as well. First major league victory.

Nyjer Morgan sure is fun to watch, right ????

I wish the Brewers hadn't changed their website. I can no longer find a "future starting pitcher matchup" area anywhere. BA made it sound like it was going to be Mitre due to the fact that the bullpen wasn't needed tonight but that's not a sure thing, obviously.
It's under the "Schedule" heading at the top of the home page. Put your cursor over it until the options drop down

On a completely unrelated topic, I started a baseball Mogul 12 season today and in game 1 Arroyo shut us down with 1 hit through 8 and then Fielder took him deep in the 9th to tie the game. Kotteras hit the go ahead HR in the 10th and Axford came in for the bottom of the 10th and gave up a single to Phillips and a double to Hernandez but Phillips couldn't score and then he struck out the last 2 to shut it down. Just funny how exactly opposite that game was from reality!

Thanks guys. I'm attending my first game tomorrow night so I'm interested in who it will be. Honestly I'm not very excited with either option but I am excited to get back to Miller Park and see that scoreboard. And I have a $25 concession voucher to redeem. Sausage cycle anyone?

With this lineup Yo should be hitting 6th.

Good thing he wasn't, because then he wouldn't have scored after his single.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I love Yo Ga. With he and Greinke, we're going to get a lot of back-to-back W's this year...masterful "pitcher" unlike Sheets being a "thrower."

I wonder if the Sheets apologists would admit that, finally.

Stop baiting people. You're gonna get burned.

Offering up baseball cliches as analysis isn't going top bait anyone, I would hope.

Big thanks to Yovani Gallardo tonight. Brewer Nation badly needed that.

Congrats to Ron Roenicke as well. First major league victory.

Nyjer Morgan sure is fun to watch, right ????

I know it's super early in the year, but after that disaster in the bottom of the 8th inning, had Atlanta rallied again in the 9th to steal that game, i can't imagine how it wouldn't really affect the players mentally.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

We'll do our best to archive WSSP audio at the tail end of these game threads in 2011 --

WSSP Clubhouse Post-Game Audio:

04/05/11 - Manager Ron Roenicke's post-game comments

04/05/11 - Tim, Sparky, and Gary talk with Nyjer Morgan -- Fun interview!

04/05/11 - Ryan Braun

04/05/11 - Yovani Gallardo

04/05/11 - Nyjer Morgan (with pool reporters)

Wow I was expecting a lot worse on the play at the plate with Braun. It was very close, Braun got a bad jump, and it still took a great play by McCann to get him. No problem there considering Gomez was due up.

Good win I guess. Offense has been absolutely terrible for the most part.

Braun got a good jump, but froze and retreated a couple steps worried that the SS was going to catch the ball. As soon as he did that, a stop sign should have gone up at third.

It was a great game. I love watching a Brewer pitch well, and it was a nice short game on a work night.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Boy Yo really stepped up today. I mean that was very impressive. I think he sent a message to the rest of the team that he can put the team on his back when needed and I think it will give everyone a boost in confidence. I think it also sent a challenge to the other pitchers to follow that up. I really think our pitchers will be able to get us through these rough patches when our offense is slumping. I'm not worried one bit about our bats, they will come around, especially when we get guys back. Just got to get through this first month and then start ramping it up. Great win and a great, gutsy performance by Yo!

On a completely unrelated topic, I started a baseball Mogul 12 season today and in game 1 Arroyo shut us down with 1 hit through 8 and then Fielder took him deep in the 9th to tie the game. Kotteras hit the go ahead HR in the 10th and Axford came in for the bottom of the 10th and gave up a single to Phillips and a double to Hernandez but Phillips couldn't score and then he struck out the last 2 to shut it down. Just funny how exactly opposite that game was from reality!

Holy Cow. I didn't know they still made that game. That used to be my filler between the All-Star break when the Brewers were eliminated from the playoffs and Packer season. I'll have to check it out.

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

Archived