Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-05 Braves at Brewers - [Brewers WIN, 1-0 / Gallardo CGSO]; Check out post-game audio at tail end of thread

April 5 - 7:10 P.M.

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/braves.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/brewers.jpg

3-1

0-4

Pitching Matchup

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/braves/lowe-01.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-02.jpg

Derek Lowe

1-0 | 0.00

Brewers vs. Lowe
Lowe Game Log

Yovani Gallardo

0-0 | 3.00

Braves vs. Gallardo
Gallardo Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. LF Martin Prado
  2. CF Nate McLouth
  3. 3B Chipper Jones
  4. C Brian McCann
  5. 2B Dan Uggla
  6. RF Jason Heyward
  7. SS Alex Gonzalez
  8. 1B Eric Hinske
  9. P Derek Lowe

1. Rickie Weeks 2B
  2. Nyjer Morgan CF
  3. Ryan Braun LF
  4. Prince Fielder 1B
  5. Casey McGehee 3B
  6. Mark Kotsay RF
  7. Craig Counsell SS
  8. George Kottaras C
  9. Yovani Gallardo RHP

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-wmlw.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay 2010 | ESPN GameCast
Sportsline GameCenter | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick housekeeping note -- with all the excitement about this season starting, it looks like we forgot our yearly reminder about what's expected out of the IGTs. The rest of the BF.net staff and I would appreciate if you all took a couple minutes to review the Fan Forum Etiquette post again, especially if you're new to the boards.

It's all important but the stuff that applies most to IGTs:

- Condescending talk toward other posters (including but not limited to name-calling, baiting and flaming) is not allowed. Other Brewers-related message boards are more tolerant of "talking smack" to other users, and we suggest you go there if that's what you're about.

- Following the Brewers means accepting their bad days as well as their good ones. If you want a place to blow off steam by declaring players or team staff worthless when the Brewers play poorly, Brewerfan is not the forum for you. Other sports message boards fill that niche better than Brewerfan does.

This does not mean we allow only praise of the Brewers; but constructive criticism that remains civil and mature contributes more to the overall discussion than saying "TurnbLow SUX!!!11!!" or "I hate this team," or declaring a game "over" in the 3rd inning. Please refrain from impulsive posts expressing knee-jerk frustration in the form of vents, rants and complaints. If you find that most of your posts take this path, you may want to switch to a forum that's more your style than Brewerfan is.

- Keep basic play-by-play action out of the In-Game Threads. It's fine to describe the details of a particular play for posters who lack video, but in an age of online real-time game updates, play-by-play one-liners (e.g. "Kapellusch with a single, Brewers up 2-1") are unnecessary.

- Avoid repetition. It doesn't take long for an initially interesting topic to turn into a dead-horse beating session, or for you to become known on the forum as "that guy who is obsessed with Player/Issue X." This includes posting the same basic thought in multiple threads or repeatedly within a single thread. It can also include authoring a significant percentage of the posts within a given thread. Site staff will lock or merge threads that they believe duplicate an existing discussion.

- Go light on 'one-liner' posts. Sometimes a one-line post is appropriate, but a constant stream of snarky one-liners detracts from the forum's quality. For example, messages that say nothing beyond "I agree," "Ditto," etc., add nothing to a discussion and are candidates to be hidden by moderators. Don't chime in on every thread just because you can; instead, pick your spots for posting, and add something back into the site. Less can be more.

As for this game, for the sake of everyone's sanity, I hope they win tonight. With it being the first 7:00 game of the year, if they magically start playing better, I think we can all logically assume that they're vampires.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Community Moderator

Sounds like some of you in WI may be stuck with the Bucks game tonight. It sucks being a transplanted Brewers fan, but MLB.TV has to be one of the greatest inventions ever.

As for the game, I am very confident that they will pull it out tonight and get in the "W" column. Although it should be noted that the 2006 Brewers started 5-0 and finished 75-87, so maybe this year an 0-5 start and 87-75 finish will be acceptable. Or at least that's what I will be telling myself if they lose again.

Yeah, I got pissed when I saw this game was on WMLW. I can't stand watching 9 innings of baseball with that crappy of a picture. The Bucks season can't end soon enough. As for the game itself, we better win. I am so sick of hearing people whine and complain about our 0-4 start that I am losing my sanity. I'm upset that we are 0-4 like anyone else, but I'm not jumping off a bridge and criticizing everything about the team. I've been in on-going arguments with a few people on facebook ever since the game ended yesterday trying to defend the team and make people realize that it's only 4 games out of 162. Most people don't seem to get that still, and it's really pissing me off. Nonetheless, we better get a win under our belts soon, and there's no better time than tonight with Yo on the hill.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I scored some diamond box seats at the Milwaukee Sports Show for $20. It's going to be pretty sweet watching this game from the 3rd row!
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Thursday - day game

Saturday - Bucks game

Sunday - FSN broadcast

Monday - day game

Tuesday - Bucks game

As an out-state fan, thank God for Uecker!

I'm also declaring this the first "Must Win" game of the season (unless we lose, of course).

Well played, Roenicke. I'd bat Kotsay eighth but I don't really care about the batting order for 1 game, so no biggie.

Does anyone know if there's still that loophole for MLBtv where you can have someone from a different state put it on their cc, so the Brewer games aren't blacked out? If there is, I would totally cancel my cable. 2-3 yrs ago you could just type an outta state zip code and it would work, but eventually they caught on.

Just to prove I wrote what you typed up crewcrazy, best part of the post was "TurnbLow SUX!!!11!!". I miss those days http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Nice to see Morgan in the line up, would rather see Gomez, Morgan with Morgan batting 2nd but oh well. Please get a win today Brewers.

Community Moderator
Does anyone know if there's still that loophole for MLBtv where you can

have someone from a different state put it on their cc, so the Brewer

games aren't blacked out?

No, they use your IP address now and they check every time you switch games.

Brewers vs. Braves - Weeks 4 Morgan 8 Braun 7 Fielder 3 McGehee 5 Kotsay 9 Counsell 6 Kottaras 2 Gallardo 1

Not bad. At least Gomez, Betancourt, and Nieves aren't playing.

Where'd you find the lineup?

It was on the Brewers facebook page. But here's a link too. http://brewersbeat.mlblogs.com/
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Any chance this game gets put on an alternative channel with Charter? I just despise the Bucks. I do not like the NBA or their product one bit, not going to watch it. So FSN broadcasts a game of a lame team playing out the string. What will the ratings be for that? Or you could broadcast an early season game of a team that has a little hope, or at least people who follow them. I just think from a business stand point FSN could get better ratings. But maybe I'm wrong.

Well, I read the Fan Forum etiquette. I am far more worried about getting Derek Lowe'd than rickrolled. A Sinkerballer is nearly as deadly versus Brewer line-ups as the dreaded First major league start vs the Brewers. We will break through somehow, go Brewers! I actually received some sympathy this morning in Scottsdale, AZ! If random fan_00 thinks the Brewers are going to start rolling, then who am I to doubt them (memories of the late 90's notwithstanding).

Archived