Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Injury News 2011

Jofis11ep
At this point, it makes more sense to me to just hold Greinke back until May 3. An extra rehab start would probably be beneficial for him, and then he wouldn't be on as strick of a pitch-count in his first start. I'd imagine he'd go 45, 65, 85, or somewhere along those lines in those 3 starts. Then he could throw 100 or so in his first MLB start if he had to.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance they might want to use this opportunity to separate the lefties, Wolf and Narveson? Maybe something like Greinke on the 30th, backed-up by (hopefully) only an inning or two from Narveson (as a bullpen session substitute?), who then also starts on May 3 assuming things went as planned on the 30th?

April 26 - Estrada

April 27 - Gallardo

April 28 - off

April 29 - Marcum

April 30 - Greike/Narveson

May 1 - Wolf

May 2 - Gallardo

May 3 - Narveson

per mccalvy, sergio mitre is unavailable today due to that double-play ball hitting him in the triceps above the right elbow. he predicted some roster moves based on that (and the burden placed on the bullpen in yesterday's extra-inning affair and sunday's doubleheader).

justin james appears to be the only reliever on the 40-man roster that is fresh (last pitching on 13 april). mike mcclendon just pitched two-plus innings on sunday. of course, the brewers have a 40-man spot open and could purchase the contract of another pitcher.

per mccalvy, sergio mitre is unavailable today due to that double-play ball hitting him in the triceps above the right elbow. he predicted some roster moves based on that (and the burden placed on the bullpen in yesterday's extra-inning affair and sunday's doubleheader).

justin james appears to be the only reliever on the 40-man roster that is fresh (last pitching on 13 april). mike mcclendon just pitched two-plus innings on sunday. of course, the brewers have a 40-man spot open and could purchase the contract of another pitcher.

Before that Sunday appearance McClendon hadn't pitched in 5 days. I would think he'd be available. The problem with activating either of the two logical non-roster guys (DiFelice or Dillard) are that both would be out of options and as good as they have looked so far, they'd be tough to get through waivers to send back down.

James certainly would not be a bad choice either.

How many AAA staffs have 4 relievers all carrying a 0.00 ERA? Those 4 guys have combined for 0 runs allowed in 21 2/3. Throw in Henderson, and Nashville relievers have combined to allow 1 run in 27 innings.

Per twitter...

http://twitter.com/Brewercom

RHP Mike McClendon was recalled from @nashvillesounds today, RHP Shaun Marcum, placed on bereavement list (father's heart surgery) #Brewers

Thoughts & prayers to Shaun Marcum on this...hope all goes well.

From a baseball standpoint, it could give us an extra arm and I would imagine Marcum could possibly return for his next start on Sunday.

Did anyone hear anything further about what the deal was with Weeks' hand/wrist after that pop up last night? I assume it wasn't much since he stayed in the game, but when Weeks walks off shaking his wrist it makes me pretty nervous!

Is there any word on what, if anything caused Braun to leave last night's game? Bill & Brian made a big deal about it, since he was replaced by Counsell (who had never played OF), but I didn't hear if there was an injury, and I don't see anything on the Brewers' website today.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Is there any word on what, if anything caused Braun to leave last night's game? Bill & Brian made a big deal about it, since he was replaced by Counsell (who had never played OF), but I didn't hear if there was an injury, and I don't see anything on the Brewers' website today.
He got interviewed right after the game saying that he was just getting a few innings off. Counsell wanted a chance to play OF apparently.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived