Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-04 Braves (Beachy) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers lose, 2-1, remain winless]

the Brewers have been a steaming pile on offense so far this year - they got 6 on opening day, but it probably should have been more. the rest of the games they haven't shown up, and they really haven't faced great pitching...their offense is supposed to carry this team, when they don't hit they won't win.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you stick 5 guys in the lineup with a sub .300 OBP quality bats (pitcher, Gomez, Kotsay, Nieves, Betancourt) it is really hard to score runs. Today is a little better since they started Morgan but the offense is ugly in exactly the way it was expected to be. Until Fielder starts to hit we have 3 players carrying the entire offense.

Gomez has one Hit so far a HR whicjh totally changed his approach at the plate.

Benatcourt has maybe one hit if that many so far to satrat the season and that was suposed to be his strong suit.

Prince is doing nothing in the first four games you think MR 30 Million dollar man would have started off hitting.

Kotsay i believe took a collar in the series aganist the reds, boy i hope Hart comes back soon.

When you stick 5 guys in the lineup with a sub .300 OBP quality bats (pitcher, Gomez, Kotsay, Nieves, Betancourt) it is really hard to score runs. Today is a little better since they started Morgan but the offense is ugly in exactly the way it was expected to be. Until Fielder starts to hit we have 3 players carrying the entire offense.

Actually 2 because McGehee isn't hitting either.

Is it time for a closed door team only meeting already? Some of these guys don't look like they even give a damn up there...

Why in the hell is the crowd cheering right now? For a K? Stupid drunks.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Actually 2 because McGehee isn't hitting either.

He didn't do anything today, but he hit fine in the Reds series.

I feel like Rickie is the only one who shows any sign of improvement over a year ago. Everyone else has the same issues as in the past. Great effort by Narv Dog. Terrible hitting with RISP. We've just seemed to find ways to lose in a varieties of fashions this year and it is only April 4.
Formerly Andersoc420

I think just replacing Gomez and Betancourt would make this team better. However while I would prefer Nyjer in center, that means either Almonte or Kotsay in right since Hart is still too unsure about throwing a baseball hard because he feels he might feel a little tightness in his side and has no timetable for his return. He hasn't played in a game all spring yet.... jeez!

Verified Member
For the anti-small ballers/ K-ing is a perfectly acceptable ways to make outs crowd, Nieves struck out twice with a guy on 3rd and 1 out today. Make contact in each situation there and we have a good chance at winning the ballgame.

i know it's extra depressing because it's the start of the season...but it's a 4 game losing streak. it happens. it happened to the '08 brewers 5 or 6 times, it happened to the giants multiple times last year, it happened to the yankees a few times in '09, and the phillies in '08, and probably to just about every team in every season. Not saying this version of the brewers are as good as those teams, or that I'm happy to still be looking at a zero in the W column.....but these streaks happen. the sky is not falling. yet.

Archived