Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-04 Braves (Beachy) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers lose, 2-1, remain winless]

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't think of one thing that I like about Wil Nieves. Second time in two at bats. Brewers could have at least three by now. Absolutely no reason for him to be on this team or in the lineup today when you have a lefty catcher.

Brian McCann is funny. On the Braves broadcast, they showed him stealing 2nd without a throw yesterday, the first SB for the Braves this season. Before today's game, he said, "I just hope to get there. When I'm on first, second base seems so far away. I just pray to god that I get there."

"Shorten up my swing? What does that mean?"

It doesn't matter if he shortens it up or not. The only way he's going to hit these pitches he's swinging at are if they bounce off the roof first. Or maybe they could train him in batting practice and say "Carlos, now if it goes over the top of the cage, don't swing."

I think the "Gomez batting second in the order" experiment isn't going to last much longer. Or at least I hope.

I like that he put in a lot of work and I honestly think his approach at the plate has been different, however his pitch recognition is still terrible and it is going to limit any success he has. He needs to be put down in the order especially when you have Morgan against a RHP which really does fit in the 2 hole.

I know it's early and it's an obvious small sample, but the perceived warts on this Brewers team are showing up on a very consistent basis.

Here's hoping Narveson can finish this inning strong and the bullpen doesn't give up anything - can't seem to manufacture any runs no matter how hard RR keeps trying.

God Betancourt has no range. Weeks had to cross the bag by like 3 yards to try to get that ball
they had pretty severe pull shift on for chipper. weeks only started about 2 or 3 yards on the other side of the bag.

not trying to defend betancourt, because he does have very little range....but that ball just found the hole in the shift. i doubt any shortstops would have had a play on it based on where betancourt was shaded.

I think the "Gomez batting second in the order" experiment isn't going to last much longer. Or at least I hope.

I like that he put in a lot of work and I honestly think his approach at the plate has been different, however his pitch recognition is still terrible and it is going to limit any success he has. He needs to be put down in the order especially when you have Morgan against a RHP which really does fit in the 2 hole.

I'd agree. The replay did look like he shortened his swing on strike 3...unlike the coming out of his cleats swings before that, but it was still a good foot out of the zone. He's been chasing that high stuff all day.

Beachy has looked very sharp aside from his mistake to Weeks. It almost doesn't seem fair that one organization can have so many good young pitchers.
Yeah. His "stuff" doesn't look overpowering, but he seems to have great control. He's hitting his spots really well. Most pitches in the strikezone haven't been very hittable.

Archived