Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-03 Brewers (Wolf) at Reds (Arroyo) - 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 12-3]

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah...forgot to add that Kotaras is pitiful behind the plate as well. I was optimistic about this team until I watched this game.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

There's really no reason to ever let Mitch Stetter pitch against a right-handed hitter. Yet Braddock will be the one used as a LOOGY.
And still pitching.... against another righty. I guess no reason to waste another arm.

I usually try to stay somewhat optimistic, but I think its fine to start being concerned right now.

This team was completely overmatched by the Reds. The D is awful, Betencourt looks as bad as people were letting on, our bullpen is pretty weak, and there is no depth behind our top 3 starters.

I was really feeling good before this season started and is depressing to have it start this way after looking forward to it so much.

The unfortunate thing is we face an even better team in the next series. Won't surprise me to see us start 1-6 on the year. I expected us to go 1-2 against the Reds on the road so the 1st game being blown is the only thing stopping us from playing to expectation but this certainly has been painful.

Knowing that we have Johnny Wholestaff pitching on Wednesday makes this start to the season even tougher to take. I know that some on this board don't understand the frustrations of others, but we are "going all in" this year. We are going to need about 95 wins to win the division. I think that the East gets the wild card so I doubt that will be an option. It is tough to lose a lot in a row at the start and win 95 games. Plus, those of old enough to remember how we were supposed to win it in 1983, 1984, 1988, 1989, and then see our team dispersed when we may have good enough to win in 1993, can get kind of nervous when we see our team play bad baseball.

How does one get into the in-game chat? I used to see an icon on the in-game web page but I don't any more.

The reds have outclassed the brewers this whole series. The Brewers still showing they have a way to go to reach the class of the National league Central.
yeah, the whole series unless you count 8 of the 9 innings on Thursday. Jeez - enough with the hyperbole, where it just isn't true...

Go to the main brewerfan.net forum page. The in-game chat is linked in the center of the page there.

Great post augie, but for me it's still way to early to throw in the towel. There is so much season left and we have 5 players on the DL right now including Hart, Greinke and Lucroy.

you are correct my fault after the brewers bulit a 3 run lead into the 9th on thursday ,.but Saturday and sunday they were outplayed by a better ball club and now we head home to play a good braves team. Hopefully Naverson can get the job done tomorrow.

Archived